Medical Insurance Question

Air Recovery

I had a severe medical emergency that blocked me from working in January to the point where I lost my medical for February. I couldn't get a note or go on disability because Kaiser was trying to diagnose me and figure out what was wrong. I worked enough hours in february and used vacation time etc. To re activate my medical.

I did not realize that I had been billed for a ton of bloodwork because a few months ago I had been billed for March medical work - called in and got it erased/changed. I assumed because they billed me wrongly for march and went back and changed it I was in the clear.

Got a notice saying I owe them 1,500+ and I'm about to go to collections.

I can pay it off - but is it worth fighting back? Do I have any options here? Would like to not have to part with $1,500 in a massive chunk if I could prevent it. I will call Kaiser tomorrow morning.

Yes this is my fault, I know. Just curious if there are any stories of forgiveness in this situation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How is this you fault? You were out of work due to a medical condition that you had no control over.

Since when did our medical go month to month? Ours was always by the quarter----you worked this quarter for benefits in the following quarter. You had to have so many reports to qualify.

Call Kaiser to see if you can work out a payment plan to avoid having your credit ruined. You then need to try to get this straightened out.

542thruNthru

How is this you fault? You were out of work due to a medical condition that you had no control over.

Since when did our medical go month to month? Ours was always by the quarter----you worked this quarter for benefits in the following quarter. You had to have so many reports to qualify.

Call Kaiser to see if you can work out a payment plan to avoid having your credit ruined. You then need to try to get this straightened out.

Hasn't it been 1 punch a week of a while?

Air Recovery

Im in the norcal contract, we need 60 hours a month as a part time employee but 80 as a fulltime. Back earlier this year i was PT so needed 60 and missed it by literally 1 hour. But yeah - they thought I had Hep B because my billirubin was so high I had turned yellow lmao.....so the doctor said to not go to work but i didnt use sick days because i physically felt fine

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Im in the norcal contract, we need 60 hours a month as a part time employee but 80 as a fulltime. Back earlier this year i was PT so needed 60 and missed it by literally 1 hour. But yeah - they thought I had Hep B because my billirubin was so high I had turned yellow lmao.....so the doctor said to not go to work but i didnt use sick days because i physically felt fine

How did you get paid? Or did you?

Sick days are not only for when you are sick.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

so, you didn’t use sick days but you didn’t go to work because you felt fine

CD943D80-046F-45B6-877E-156C18D9D9C9.gif

clean hairy

Things may not be the same since you retired...

ManInBrown

Its one punch a week here. It doesnt matter what is wrong with you. Its either comp or disability. Either way your medical insurance remains intact. You cannot be turned down for short term disability. Sometimes you can be billed and there is a lag in the STD paperwork, and then the bill is covered. Do not stand for this. Absolutely fight it.