MI Upper Peninsula centers/hubs

brownelf

The cargo wagon is called a dray, the drayman who drives it is not a UPS employee. Usually they roll with 2 helpers per wagon in the summer months. Don’t think we provide service to the island once the ferry stops running when the lakes freeze, you have to pick it up somewhere in St Ignace. They allow snowmobiles in the winter months, many use them to cross the ice bridge that’s formed and marked with discarded Xmas trees to run to St Ignace for supplies in winter. Otherwise the only way on/off island is by plane in the off season. There are people that scoop up the horse droppings in the downtown area of the island and the streets downtown are sprayed down early every morning. Whenever I’m up there visiting friends I always take my bike with fenders to ride, cause it really can get nasty on the roads outside the downtown area when it rains.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
The cargo wagon is called a dray, the drayman who drives it is not a UPS employee. Usually they roll with 2 helpers per wagon in the summer months. Don’t think we provide service to the island once the ferry stops running when the lakes freeze, you have to pick it up somewhere in St Ignace. They allow snowmobiles in the winter months, many use them to cross the ice bridge that’s formed and marked with discarded Xmas trees to run to St Ignace for supplies in winter. Otherwise the only way on/off island is by plane in the off season. There are people that scoop up the horse droppings in the downtown area of the island and the streets downtown are sprayed down early every morning. Whenever I’m up there visiting friends I always take my bike with fenders to ride, cause it really can get nasty on the roads outside the downtown area when it rains.

If I had that route I would call the drayman

Dr Dray

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I work out of Houghton.
Small center, 30 drivers. Our division is three centers in the Western Yoop. Iron Mountain, Bessemer and Houghton.
Escanaba is a hub...Marquette is a slightly bigger center, like 40 drivers. Out east there's Rudyard.

PM if you want more juice.

wilberforce15

I work out of Houghton.
Small center, 30 drivers. Our division is three centers in the Western Yoop. Iron Mountain, Bessemer and Houghton.
Escanaba is a hub...Marquette is a slightly bigger center, like 40 drivers. Out east there's Rudyard.

PM if you want more juice.
That's actually very helpful. Thanks.
I know Rudyard had been mentioned by him, and I'd have never guessed Escanaba was a hub. Very interesting.