michael Vick to the Oakland Raiders?

ups1990

I feel that Vick, will end up signing with the Raiders. Here's why. One can expect for the team who signs Vick, to have PETA protesting at their facilities. Who better than Raider fans to deter these people from protesting. Raider fans with their drinking and fighting and stabbing will easily gobble them up.:knockedout:

P

pickup

Is Jerry Jones , owner of the Dallas Cowboys, still taking in "troubled" football players or has he learned his lesson?

Or how about Minnesota? They were willing to bet their season on an old quarterback,with an arm coming off of surgery, by the name of Brett Favre. Brett Favre finally(hopefully) said he is going to retire and shocked the vikings ownership. They clearly had no faith in the quarterbacks they had. Vick, most likely can't play for the first six games. By then Minnesota might see they have no viable ready for primetime quarterback and could use Vick for the rest of the season.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I've always thought that Minnesota made a lot of sense. Perfect example of a team that has all the pieces in place and just needs a good QB to put them in contention.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
He just inked a 2 year deal with Philly, I can honestly say I did not see that one coming at all (I know I'm not alone). Should be very interesting.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'm already reading the fans are not happy but that is to be expected. Andy Reid is willing to give him a chance and he has Donavan McNabb and Tony Dungy backing him. That will go a long ways, and probably help in getting Goodell to lift the suspension.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
:dont_know:

I have very mixed feelings about Michael Vick.
I do not want to debate his crime.

The NFL decided to allow him a second chance.

I am okay with second chances.

However, justice needs to be dispersed fairly.

I heard a statistic recently and I can not verify the source.
I was told by the age of twenty five we all know someone that knows someone that lost a family member or a friend KILLED by a drunk driver.

I thought about this random stat.
I swallowed hard and repressed a tear from falling.
My first boyfriend lost his sister to a drunk driver; I had a friend drive drunk, crash and die and I had a coworker that took a life.

Donte Stallworth

From ESPN:
Stallworth, 28, who pleaded guilty to DUI manslaughter in Florida in connection with the March 14 crash in which he struck and killed construction worker Mario Reyes, will be reinstated after the Super Bowl in February 2010, the league said.

Stallworth was given a 30-day jail sentence, of which he served 24 days, and reached an undisclosed financial settlement with Reyes' family. Besides jail time, Stallworth's sentence included two years of house arrest, eight years of probation and other restrictions.

Justice needs to be dispersed fairly.

What is just?
What is fair?:dont_know:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Michael vick is a puke who brutally abused and killed dogs.

That being said, he was convicted and sentenced and he served his time. Therefore, I see no reason why he should not be able to earn a living playing football if there is a team that will hire him.

I know that I would not pay money to see a game that he was playing in; but thats just me. If a team wants to hire him and can sell tickets by doing so, that is their business.

Fans have the opportunity to decide whether he should play or not by deciding for themselves whether they will buy a ticket or not. Its a free country and we all get to vote with our $$.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
No great loss as far as I'n concerned. He was a great player, but it was all about him. I remember the pothead flipping off the fans. He was a punk as far as I'm concerned. I do hope he learned his lesson though. When you make the big money, you need to quit hanging around your thug buddies from your younger years. He took a giant cut in salary and probably will not get money from endorsements. Maybe the Fido Shock Dog Fence company will hire him as a spokesman.