Millennials - They hate us cuz they ain't us

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
What's up with these millennials? Even when you try to appease them, it doesn't work because even they don't know what they want. Claiming they're so 'mindful' and 'woke', but then why can't they get anything to sink into their thick heads? What are we supposed to do, hell, what CAN we do? We're so confused! Can't even turn to the media for answers. All the FAKE NEWS is too busy trying to act like my president isn't the kind, honest, and empathetic man that he is. Anyways, with any generation you gotta expect a few bad apples, but...all of them? What the hell is that? Literally, millions...an entire generation...just...:censored2:ed. I mean, we're :censored2:ed. This is the end and we can't do :censored2: about it. We can erase entire cities with a single nuke, but of all things...participation trophies are what brings mankind to its knees. The apocalypse is upon us. It's safe to say that this is Obama's fault, but I'm sure crooked Hillary probably helped at some point. Thanks, Obama Bin-Laden. Oh, and by the way, we're still waiting to see that birth certificate. ________________________________________________________________ Apparently, I subconsciously substitute 'confused bi-products of a mis-informed culture' in place of the word 'millennials', when I hear it. Try this out next time the millennials leave you confused or pissed-off. When used in the example above, the questions almost answer themselves. At the very least, it should help bridge the generational gap's opposing viewpoints. The truth is, most of us are just as confused as the older generations about these clashing perspectives. Obviously, every generation has had to deal with it's own variety of lies that were told to them, but I think the key difference is that we were the first to realize the full-scale of it all. I'll explain, but in order to generalize I'm going to have to use some occasional stereotypes. For example, the crowd that seems the most troubled by us...are the same ones that think; Trump is a saint, Obama is not a US citizen, and that FAKE NEWS is some kind of new development. Basically, they generally accept the lies told to them, as truth, and then seem to never question what they 'know' as truth down the road.

I'm not trying to bash them, just giving an example. Besides, it's not so much a fault of their own, so much as it's simply the condition created from the time period they lived through. While it doesn't make sense to us, expecting them to 'wake up' and realize their lies, is simply unreasonable. It's not gonna happen, so just try to adapt. No matter how much one tries, it's near impossible to completely reverse the direction someone's entire lifetime worth of experiences have steered them in. Generational gaps go both ways, though. The majority of complaints against us are:

1. We are lazy or can't hold onto a job
2. We think that just because we want something, we should get it
3. We expect too much
4. We think of ourselves as entitled

All of these don't necessarily apply in every case, but I'll later break down each one from my own personal perspective. Before I do that, though, I want to offer some personal experiences that will assist in why I view things the way I do. It mostly boils down to the rise of modern technology, or more specifically, computers and the internet. I don't think it's a stretch to say that everyone, at some point in their life, will have a realization that their parents are not the all-knowing beings they had come to believe. For me, that day came early and left me with only 2 explanations: either my mom was a :censored2:ing liar, or she was just stupid as :censored2:. Either way, up till then, she was the most trusted source of information I had. I was all of 10 or 11yrs old, sitting in the library computer lab...just devastated. The knowledge base I built, almost entirely from her replies, was now in question. All that time pondering and spent asking her why? or how's come?...totally wasted. I was really pissed until I thought about the christmas issue. I realized it was just as much my fault for continuing to believe someone who had already hung me out to dry as the last kid in class to figure out that Santa wasn't real. Yep, I was that kid. I saw the internet as simply a high-tech tool that was similar to my beloved encyclopedias and National Geographic collection. However, the internet was much easier to use and navigate back then. I still consider it a powerful tool, but only in the hands of those who know how to use it. Growing up on computers made weeding through the fake media landscape practically become second nature. I'm pretty sure Google was around back then, but my personal search engine of choice was called Altavista. Once I discovered it, and got familiar, I felt exactly like the Fifth Element when she got on the internet. Totally ecstatic and in awe at the wealth of information.....followed by a debilitating realization that a lot of bull:censored2: happened and is always happening. I never cared to figure out which explanation with Mom was true, but I knew that she was on some bull:censored2: and that was enough.

Once I questioned her, I started to question my teachers and whether they were pushing their own personal agenda or the state's. I started questioning anything and everything. These days it is done on a subconscious level and I hardly notice I'm doing it. That's a big reason why I don't 'know' what the older generations think I should. If Trump were to hop the news and claim something...anything at all, I would process absolutely none of it. That would happen on a subconscious level and even if what he was claiming was something actually true. That started happening for any data stream, that came my way, at a very early age. Remember how I mentioned that generational gaps go both ways? This is what I'm referring to on our side. We are not going to 'know' something just because it is told to us. I know that last sentence was probably enough to induce aneurysms in some of you, but suck it up and deal with it. We are both going to have to learn to adapt to the other and that's okay. That's what alternating generations have been doing for eons, it's really not that bad. I promise. Finally, here are my responses to the complaints against us:

1. It's totally understandable to have this impression. Older generations have only ever known 'hard-work' as the sole means of making a decent living. All through growing up we were told to ‘work smarter, not harder’, then we watched the dot-com explosion and kids turn to multi-millionaires for writing a few lines of html code or throwing together a simple app. We 'know' that hard work is only one of an endless amount of possibilities to make a decent living. Most times, hard-work is part of the equation, but the other parts are just as important. We see our work as an extension of us and a key factor in overall happiness. This sometimes results in not settling for mediocre jobs and playing the field. It doesn't help that the older management are old and don't understand us. This results in us leaving or getting fired.

2. If anyone wants something, most are going to to try to get it within reason. For efficiency sake, if someone thinks they have a decent chance of getting what they want by simply saying that they want it, I don't see what the problem is. Whether or not they deserve it, is another question entirely, but I've witnessed ladies of all ages say they wanted a drink only to have one magically appear. If this complaint is insisting that we think voicing our wants is our only means of obtaining whatever it is that we want, I'll just have to disagree.

3. We do expect too much, sometimes, I'll admit it. It's hard for rational people to understand irrational people. We know you're not blind, so when we expect you to see the :censored2: happening right in front of you, we don't understand how that's asking too much. Expecting you to see infrared light with your bare eyes, that would be expecting too much.

4. Again, I have to suck it up and admit it. We do think we are entitled, because we kinda are. We are younger, smarter, more open-minded, in perfect synergy with energy of the cosmos, and you....aren't. So, unless we are talking about a very specific situation centered around being old or dumb as being a good thing, then we are entitled. We deserve that job that you've held onto for far too long. We deserve to have our concerns treated with the same, if not higher, level of respect as your :censored2:'s. We are better than you. Stop whining and deal with it. Adapt :censored2:.

*How to guess someone's age: If a couple people are having a comment war about who's source is more credible, they are on the young end of the millennials. If there is some rational banter with someone requesting a source on maybe a single claim that's almost unbelievable, they are on the older end of the millennials. If the bickering is full of wild claims that they KNOW to be true, where it's painfully obvious that neither of these two even knows what a 'source' is, they are really old.

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
You guys know you are on an internet forum, right? Reading is necessary. You all whine so much, you must be millennials.

His take on the difference between Millennials and Old Folks....That and he is mad at his mom for trying to preserve his childlike innocence for as long as possible by telling him Santa Claus was real
b3e1tot2JUXcs.gif

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Haters gon hate
Jerry, I've read all of your posts and gleaned some useful information from them, others were not quite as useful but that's irrelevant. I have to think that you have some deep seeded issues other than with UPS and that UPS might have been your breaking point.

So what points are you trying to convene? If all you have is a hatred for UPS, move on pal. This place isn't worth the paper made by the cheap Chinese child labor it was printed on. You sound intelligent why let all this bother you? Cut to the chase and get to the point you are trying to make.

If you are a millennial, make some bullet points so all of us GenX ers and Old friend*s will have a better grasp on things.

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
I don't have hatred for UPS. I hate how they currently run their operation. They could change it, but they have so far, chosen not to. If you want to think it's not worth fighting or that it's never going to change, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion. But I'm crazy. and was already a man of extraordinary obsessions, so I'm not going to let debby downers steer me off course from the purpose I'm living out.

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
If you guys want to act like they don't have blood on their hands and that they don't ruin lives WAY more than needed, then continue on in your fantasy land. I've been DIRECTLY affected by this, so it's very real to me. And frankly, very much worth fighting against.

scooby0048

I don't have hatred for UPS. I hate how they currently run their operation. They could change it, but they have so far, chosen not to. If you want to think it's not worth fighting or that it's never going to change, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion. But I'm crazy. and was already a man of extraordinary obsessions, so I'm not going to let debby downers steer me off course from the purpose I'm living out.
Wow, you got all that from what I wrote?

scooby0048

If you guys want to act like they don't have blood on their hands and that they don't ruin lives WAY more than needed, then continue on in your fantasy land. I've been DIRECTLY affected by this, so it's very real to me. And frankly, very much worth fighting against.
C'mon man! Are you really that jaded by UPS to think that? 99% of corporate America as well as all the states, cities, and Federal employers all have some kind of proverbial blood on their hands, some more so than others. I gather I was right and you are a millennial which means that you are young enough to move the friend* on. What's the fight for?

So :censored2: what you got canned from some sht job. Was UPS your end goal? Was it the money? You were given the option to resign and not be termed so it's not like you have to worry about that showing up on some background check. Worried you won't find another well-paying job? You will.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what your real issue is other than some underlying SMI and UPS was just the figurative straw that broke the camels back. Help us out here man.