missed the april bid sheets .

58 :speechless:

1) Company is usually trying to push people that age into feeders, inside, or retirement.
2) With no seniority, you'd be doing the worst routes with industrial (OVER 70's).
3) You might not get the hours being at the bottom and you won't hit top rate for another 4 years
4) For medical reasons, I would highly doubt they'd even qualify your 30 days because of the higher risk of injury you are.

I applaud you for wanting to go through with this.
My 2 cents of advice would be to go deliver Amazon (more hours, less strenuous, working hard would lead to better quality routes and jobs)
Or maybe he can get on as a temporary cover driver. They usually don't beat up on them guys too hard he could cover summer vacations and Christmas

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Small feeder department? We have over 600 here and still expanding so guys with just a little over a year have made it in. All be it at the bottom of the list and probably work nights for the next 30 years.
Idk how I’d manage a large scale city hub like that lol.
Our 3 centers in this city are like 70-80, 70-80, 50 on routes

1) Company is usually trying to push people that age into feeders, inside, or retirement.
2) With no seniority, you'd be doing the worst routes with industrial (OVER 70's).
3) You might not get the hours being at the bottom and you won't hit top rate for another 4 years
4) For medical reasons, I would highly doubt they'd even qualify your 30 days because of the higher risk of injury you are.

My 2 cents of advice would be to go deliver Amazon (more hours, less strenuous, working hard would lead to better quality routes and jobs)
thanks . i have a lot of hustle . i go running everyday after my warehouse shift. im in similar shape now as i was in my 20s. no kidding . much better lungs and 50 lbs less. i can give my best for 10 years i figure. you oughta see my dad at 88! beast

Thebrownblob

Idk how I’d manage a large scale city hub like that lol.
Our 3 centers in this city are like 70-80, 70-80, 50 on routes
We have three centers here as well, but we also have two other buildings. I was just referring mostly to our Feeder department. It’s one of the larger ones although I don’t think it’s the largest. All three buildings run on the same continuous seniority list.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
We have three centers here as well, but we also have two other buildings. I was just referring mostly to our Feeder department. It’s one of the larger ones although I don’t think it’s the largest.
Y’all must just be a center point for all the routes every which way. We aren’t like that here. Our building has like maybe a dozen feeders but the coverage for feeder spans through all 3 centers. Priority in the assigned feeders to the buildings but if slack has to be picked up then other building coverage will span.

Thebrownblob

Dear God why? The number one guy there started in 81 I think? Feeders anyway
Good question I’m guessing most of them hate their wives. Those guys literally do nothing but get in the cab of a truck and drive the mileage run and make 140-150 K a year so I guess it’s easy money to them.

Johney

Good question I’m guessing most of them hate their wives. Those guys literally do nothing but get in the cab of a truck and drive the mileage run and make 140-150 K a year so I guess it’s easy money to them.
No need for that geezus even if I hated my wife(which I don't)I'd still want to enjoy my life at that age what is left of it.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member

And get fired. You're cold