Mods and/or Cheryl

atatbl

I think you should lower the 300 second time limit between private messages. That is 5 minutes. That puts us almost ".1" over on our posting time requirements. I mean really, how are we supposed to organize our coup d'etat ummm...... I mean....... picnics..... with this much time required to communicate. This is not cell block 13, please allow us to communicate freely. We need out "kites" to move quickly and freely.

Thank you in advance for making this change,

Atatbl

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I think a lot of you spend more than 10-15 minutes here!

And atatbl, you send that many PMs?

atatbl

I think a lot of you spend more than 10-15 minutes here!

And atatabl, you send that many PMs?

Yes. It is crticial to the conglomerates operation that we communicate very often. Sometimes non-stop.

On a serious note, yes I do. There are some people here that for one reason or another I don't want to give my phone number to. Not that their untrustworthy, we just don't need to have long conversations. I talk with some people from here on the phone because it is just easier for all parties involved.

over9five

Staff member
The mods have already reduced the time to 30 seconds...

.....but just for our friends!

J/K. I support Atatbls idea to reduce the time. I'm sure it has something to do with stopping spammers, tho.

atatbl

The mods have already reduced the time to 30 seconds...

.....but just for our friends!

J/K. I support Atatbls idea to reduce the time. I'm sure it has something to do with stopping spammers, tho.

Absolutely it does! That is why there does need to be some time limit. But it can be the same as the posting time limit and still keep the site secure.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This sounds like a response from the boss..............although I think Over9five, the new mod is on the right track. We do have a slight problem with spammers.

DS

Fenderbender
I did a funny thing,I ignored your request to change anything.
Maybe you could have your picnics using the icq,yahoo or messanger.
Aint I a riot?

atatbl

I did a funny thing,I ignored your request to change anything.
Maybe you could have your picnics using the icq,yahoo or messanger.
Aint I a riot?

Ohhhh..... how cute... someone's touchy about the internet not being all serious business. That did actually make me laugh though. Also, you ignoring your counterparts and the members of this site. I can laugh now, because I know what the future holds.

Don't worry DS, someday people stop treating you poorly irl even though you act the way you do. Wait, no they won't.

And before you argue I don't know you, I don't need to. The actions people take in the internet can almost always give someone that is observant an accurate portrait of that person's person's personality irl.

The best part of this: even though you never like what I have to say, other people do. That is the reason that when you try and stop me from giving my opinion or telling a story in the chat room it never works. People will communicate the way they choose without your permission.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
ata

that is why there is the chat room. and within the chat room is the option to private chat with whom ever you want, and it is more private than pm's

just so that you know....

d

over9five

Staff member
IF.....we can please get back on topic!

Atatbl, I think you should PM Cheryl with your suggestion.

You can add that I, Over9five, support this idea completely!

<This will mean absolutely nothing, but you can add it if it makes you feel better...>

atatbl

IF.....we can please get back on topic!

Atatbl, I think you should PM Cheryl with your suggestion.

You can add that I, Over9five, support this idea completely!

<This will mean absolutely nothing, but you can add it if it makes you feel better...>

You don't give yourself enough credit. Just because you are the newest moderator doesn't mean you don't matter. You got that position because you are a good poster and have a good reputation here. When you think of being a new mod, don't forget why you were picked.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
The default time between private messages has been reduced to 1 minute.

If anyone reports spamming within the pm system it will immediately be reset back to 5 minutes.

Spam is not welcome here in any form...

atatbl

The default time between messages has been reduced to 1 minute. If anyone reports spamming within the pm system it will immediately be reset back to 5 minutes.

Spam is not welcome here in any form...

Thank you Cheryl. Nice to see you making your presence known. The change will be appreciated while it lasts. Also, there are some pretty easy ways to stop PM spamming. The most common tried and true method is disabling PMs for new members until they hit a certain amount of posts. If it is a spam bot, it won't recognize the requirement on its own. If it is an idiot just setting up a spam bot, his/her posts will give him/her away.

*waits for someone to file a fake report of spamming*