Monday work on sat rant

Pullman Brown

Is this your first peak?

Advance Monday work to Saturday, Tuesday to Monday to get a jump start on the week. We have been doing it for 20+ years, nothing new.

Saving hours for Saturday in December..remember Peak 2013? Again nothing new.

PVD's we work them, keeps the paid day down on overtime. Smart Money Move.

We owe you 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week plus benefits, nothing more, get over it. Again nothing new.

So now you want overtime?? Is your name on the "Relief from over 9.5" list? What is the issue? Missing the 1.5 hrs a day of overtime from your budget? See line above.

Enjoy your peak, I know I am.

2013 was alot bigger than that. UPS didn’t hire many RPCDS/employees in general from 2008-2013 because of the drop in volume and did more with less for years and as Amazon grew and became the major business that changed the buying habits of the public UPS gambled and it caught up with them. We didn’t have enough feeder drivers to move the volume etc.. Everything they’re doing now is obviously about cheaper labor and always being number one on on-time delivery. It took a while to fix the damaged trust. I get it during peak. I don’t get it throughout the year.

What'dyabringmetoday???

So you have one of the short term memories. Yes we didn't forward the work on Saturdays but it was all forwarded to Monday's when we blew the doors off on Monday (at least here). When we started Saturday's we then opened more streets via weekend territory selector and delivered more on Saturday to take the edge off of Monday so we could get thru the week.

Amazon never had any intention of giving all the work to other companies to make the deliveries. They just slowly built their network and filled it with their own packages and now more of others. Stay in your lane truck driver.
Lol. Ok Elon.

Trucker Clock

That last week of the year wasn’t offered to us this year are you using sick day option?

We can in the Central.

Article 16 Vacations

(b) An employee who has been employed not less than one thousand two hundred fifty (1,250) straight-time hours as provided above shall be entitled to vacation with pay, to be taken during the period from December 26th through the week of Thanksgiving of the following year. There shall be no vacations from the first (1st) Monday after Thanksgiving to December 25th.

Pullman Brown

We can in the Central.

Article 16 Vacations

(b) An employee who has been employed not less than one thousand two hundred fifty (1,250) straight-time hours as provided above shall be entitled to vacation with pay, to be taken during the period from December 26th through the week of Thanksgiving of the following year. There shall be no vacations from the first (1st) Monday after Thanksgiving to December 25th.

Yeah, idk. It wasn’t a hill to die on.

So you have one of the short term memories. Yes we didn't forward the work on Saturdays but it was all forwarded to Monday's when we blew the doors off on Monday (at least here). When we started Saturday's we then opened more streets via weekend territory selector and delivered more on Saturday to take the edge off of Monday so we could get thru the week.

Amazon never had any intention of giving all the work to other companies to make the deliveries. They just slowly built their network and filled it with their own packages and now more of others. Stay in your lane truck driver.
Take that! @MyTripisCut
aPyliU7cNPW0a2IhaU.gif

R1wonder

yea Xmas and New Year’s Eve , New Year’s Day is the following week and I’d have Monday off . I was expecting a 6 day for some reason cuz everyone is off Monday for Xmas

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
Last stop today is 3 o’clock, 6 hour dispatch , pvd has over 4 hours of my work. Clearly the grievance was over looked . I called the BA and left a voicemail . And I told the steward I want this filed daily . Not just a one time thing they’ll forget about. This issue needs some bold print language in out next contract
I’m retired, but it seems PVDs should be eliminated. Should have never been allowed in the contract in the first place. This needs to be a priority for 2023.

JustDeliverIt

I’m retired, but it seems PVDs should be eliminated. Should have never been allowed in the contract in the first place. This needs to be a priority for 2023.

That’s the problem, they aren’t in the contract. Company decided it was a good thing and began using them. Grievances across the country were filed, taken to panel and found to be a violation. Needs to be negotiated with the union but nothing has gone past that. At this point I assume they will address it with the new contract but I feel it should have happened as soon as the won the first arbitration decision.

R1wonder

Took a few days but they loaded me up . And I didn’t complain. My pvd still worked . We had some drivers out sick so it kinda worked out . They just moved one driver taking some of my area where he was needed. Then gave me more and kept the pvd working too