More Positive News for Marijuana's Effects on Cancer

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Post #19......

Does anyone really believe big pharma is gonna let cannabis cut into their profits despite reports of it's benefits?

I don't think big pharma likes it, but with the move towards more people becoming aware of the chemicals poisoning us and going organic I could care less. I start my day drinking Bragg's apple cider vinegar and lemon water. I quit taking Celebrex for my sore joints and I replaced that with Curcumin, the active ingrediant out of Turmeric. I am weaning my way off pharmiceutical drugs when I can. I haven't drank a Coke in a couple of years and I only eat whole grain bread. I grow a garden and I'm trying to eat better and exercise more.

wkmac

I wish we had that here. I feel it may really help with my dogs tumors, as I have read up on it and it does reduce the size. ???????

@toonertoo

Well look what hit the news feed just today. Maybe you'll get your wish after all.

I figured you would know your way around Little Five Points! I took that pic in Sevananda, the local organic Co-op. I took my family to eat at Folk Art, good eating. I love Criminal Records.....I swear I didn't go in here!

Yep, been around the area on numerous occasions. Most times down there is for a concert at Variety Playhouse.

wkmac

Post #19......

Does anyone really believe big pharma is gonna let cannabis cut into their profits despite reports of it's benefits?

The cynic in me agrees on some level but at this point it's looking more and more like the genie is out of the bottle. Even other countries are doing cannabis research for medical use with signs of promise so the pressure grows. I think Scratch (post #28) is a picture of the trend forward and a welcomed one I might add.

My morning starter is a hemp seed smoothie with blueberries and bananas.

wkmac

I understand the thinking but why reverse engineer it when there are already patents in place to control it, even own it? US Gov't, Dept. of Health and Human Services filed the patent on Cannabinoids in 1999' with the patent approved and published in 2003'. See patent US6630507 B1.

Now if the source of Cannabinoids was illegal in 1999', why the need for the patent or was somebody thinking ahead and seeing what was coming? Another question might be, if the health claims of marijuana is all a bunch of BS, then once again why the need for the patent that grants exclusive rights?