moreluck's greatest hits

DS

Fenderbender
For a long time now moreluck has been sending me e-mails.Some are jokes, some are videos, some are just interesting links.Every time I get a chance I`ll post one here.
This one is just a little joke.

A precious little girl walks into a pet shop and asks, "Excuthe me, do you have any widdle wabbits?"
The shopkeeper's heart melts, he gets down on his knees so that he's on her level, and says, "Do you want a widdle white wabbit or a thoft, fuffy bwack wabbit, or one like that widdle bwown wabbit over there?"
The little girl blushes, rocks on her heels, puts her hands on her knees, leans forward and whispers... "I don't weally fink my pyfon gives a ****."

DS

Fenderbender
Very interesting questions. How well would you do if you took
the citizenship test. Try this out - 24 out of 30 is considered
a passing grade. Supposedly 96% of all High School seniors
FAILED this test...AND if that's not bad enough, 50+% of all
individuals over 50 did too!! And we WONDER why America's in
the shape it's in.. Go to the link below. Take the test and
be surprised at what you know, or don't know, or just plain
forgot...

http://games.toast.net/independence/

satellitedriver

Very interesting questions. How well would you do if you took
the citizenship test. Try this out - 24 out of 30 is considered
a passing grade. Supposedly 96% of all High School seniors
FAILED this test...AND if that's not bad enough, 50+% of all
individuals over 50 did too!! And we WONDER why America's in
the shape it's in.. Go to the link below. Take the test and
be surprised at what you know, or don't know, or just plain
forgot...

http://games.toast.net/independence/
I got 28 out of 30.
PAX

satellitedriver

And you call yourself an American?
just kidding SD...
Yeah, I am disappointed in myself,also.
Is there a quiz on Canadian history?
I really have never researched the subject.
The French Indian War was the only subject taught in the schools that I attended.
My great, great grandfather left Scotland and settled in Dewitt in the early 1800's.
I think it would be cool to learn, thru tests that show me what I do not know.

And, to be PC, I am a Texan American.
PAX

traveler

Where next? Venice
Does anyone know what's up with Moreluck. Last post I can find was 10/18/07, just about when the fires started. I do hope all is well.

DS

Fenderbender
One thing I did not realize is how many videos were in all those e-mails.
I cant just drag them in here .I'm not that computer savy and sometimes I might have to give a link to the general gist of the original.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Moreluck's in Hawaii visiting her daughter and grandkids. She should be back any minute now...

I don't think that San Clemente lost any structures so her home should be safe and sound. The fires started after she left so she missed all of the worry, smoke, ashes... the whole fire experience... I guess her member name is appropriate :)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thanks for your concern. 10 days in Hawaii was very relaxing. I spoiled my grandson & daughter as best as I could.

I came home to a layer of dust/dirt all over my house because I had left a couple windows cracked just a bit. We have a couple days of dust cleanup, but no fire damage, thank goodness. It was kind of scary watching the news and hearing of fires getting closer & closer to our area.

I'm told our Tahoe was covered in ash & dust, but our neighbor washed it for us....nice guy, eh?

Gotta go work with the vacuum now........Good to be back.

satellitedriver

In laymans terms please tell me how this works:confused:1 http://www.milaadesign.com/wizardy.html
I do not know who to explain it in layman terms, except by saying it is based on "the rule of 9".
The rule of the numbers 9 and 11 are the basis of many mathmatical magic tricks.
Go back to the link you provided. Pick no number. Just look at the number under the symbol that appears on the screen after you have clicked thru the next buttons.
The symbols will change, but the order of numbers under the symbols will not.
The symbols will always be over a number, that when added, equals 9.
If you hit the again button to play the game over and write down the order of numbers that are beneath the symbol, you will see that they are the only numbers when added together
equal 9.
The symbols will always follow the number order of 9,18,27,36,45,54,63 and 72.
One can do some great card tricks following the same rule.
Here is a cut and paste about the properties of the number 9;Whenever you have ... a number plus nine,
Take "1" away from that number, and add it to the nine.
Now bring that number on down; 9 and 1 makes 10;
Bring the ten on down, and you're right once again!
THE NINE RULE!

Now let's take 6;
6 + 9
Take "1" away from 6, and it makes 5.
Now add the "1" to the 9 ... 1 and 9 makes 10;
5 and 10 make 15,
Let's all shout it again!
It's THE NINE RULE!
6 + 9 = 15

Now let's take 4;
4 + 9
Take "1" away from 4, and it makes 3.
3 and 10 make 13,
It's THE NINE RULE!
4 + 9 = 13

Now let's take 7;
7 + 9
Take "1" away from 7, and it makes 6.
6 and 10 make 16,
It's THE NINE RULE!
7 + 9 = 16

Now let's take 5;
5 + 9
Take "1" away from 5, and it makes 4.
4 and 10 make 14,
It's THE NINE RULE!
5 + 9 = 14

That is about as layman as I can get on the subject.
It has fascinated me since childhood how you can multipy any number by 9 and add the individual numbers together and always have 9 as the sum.
PAX

satellitedriver

so how does it work?
No matter what number you pick, when you subtract the sum of the numbers from the original number you will get a number that when you add them together always equals 9.
Look at the screen that has the numbers with the symbols above them.
The same symbol will be above, 9 ,18, 27 ,36,45,54,63,72,81., so no matter what number you arrived at the symbol will always match it.
The real trick is when it tells you to stare at your number. All that does is keep you from looking around the page and seeing the pattern.
They rotate the symbols from page to page, but the answer will always be the above the numbers that add up to 9.
That's how it works, and it will work everytime.
PAX