Most Helpers are a bunch of crybabies...

bumped

I always let a helper finish the day no matter how bad. I might not keep them any longer than I had to or for sure would refuse to work with them the next day though.

I had helper that got onto the car with me for the first time. As we were going to our first stop he says to me, "I hope you don't think I'm doing all the work today". I did a quick U-turn at the next possible turn around and drove him back to his car. I told him he didn't have to do any work today, and I don't need him.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My last helper is on his 4th day of qualifying. On-car was impressed by his ability to use the DIAD. He should have no problem qualifying.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Neutral

Good to know how drivers really view the helpers. My drivers said I was the best helper they had ever had. I wondered why because I was just doing my job. Apparently some helpers are really slow and on their cell phones a lot. Drivers should have a say if they want a helper or not. Funny that you talk about their lame stories. I guess I had a lame story too but I kept my mouth shut until I was asked questions by the drivers then I did vent about my previous employer. Most people that sign up for extra work at peak time have a somewhat sad story. Some are more legit than others.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
He was a preloader who helped me during Peak. I make sure all of my helpers know how to use the DIAD and this has really helped him thus far.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Not even joking. That was cool You helped a kid big time in life. He will(or should) always be appreciative of that. Your a good guy sometimes no matter how much you try to act like a $&@& on this forum.

watdaflock?

Being a seasonal helper during peak is what led to me getting hired as a pre-loader.

Of course the first driver I worked with is a d-bag and nobody likes jumping with him. The second driver is a good guy and I'd gladly work with him again.

It all depends on how well the driver and helper get along.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We view helpers like this:

12569659087_p0_v2_s260x420.jpg

Apd

I don't think they can order the tractors you guys have without two seats Coca Cola. I'm sure they get used when you guys get new drivers right?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
[quote="cheetah, post: 1319780, member: 53247] Apparently some helpers are really slow and on their cell phones a lot. [/quote]
I tell my helpers I have no problem with them using their phone between stops but when the truck comes to a stop the phone needs to be put away.

Drivers should have a say if they want a helper or not.
We have a say in who our helper is and in our center we can say we don't want a helper but then if we can't get the work done it's on us which is bad. Last peak we were hammered so hard our helpers were approved for unlimited hours.

Tough Guy

It's funny, the way the OP views helpers as being tired if them "regardless if effort or attitude" is probably how the upper management feels about drivers.

Acc0rd

Cell phones drive me nuts, whether at work or going somewhere and the person at the store is on the phone gabbing and not taking my order or helping me when I need help! If your at work, then please work, don't waste my time while your talking to whoever you think is more important that your job or helping me!