Motorcyclist Hit by UPS Truck: $3.4 Million

Indecisi0n

Couldn't agree more. On a recent trip to Florida, I couldn't believe how many riders don't wear helmets. And for the most part in Florida it is all older people who I saw. It just makes no sense. I really think the majority have a death wish. If you get into any type of accident not wearing a helmet you are either going to die, or be a vegetable the rest of your life. I just don't get it
That's makes me shake my head and also the guys who wear flip flops, shorts and a T-shirt.

bbsam

Staff member
I used to have motorcycles. I always wore a helmet because wind in my eyes would leave me blinded otherwise. But I also had a feeling of in invincibility, that I'd be able to navigate anything that came up.

Incidentally that all changed on a bicycle. Riding home from work one night, rounding the last corner my front tire hit a very fine patch of gravel/dirt. Without any chance to make any correction I was on the ground with my head bouncing off a light post on the way down. That was on a bike. Imagine how much more serious it could have been on a motorcycle.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
You have to dress for the crash, not the ride. In my state, a helmet is required. If that's all you have, it may save your life. You might also wish it hadn't, if that's all you have. I'm what is known as an ATGATT rider. All The Gear All The Time.

oldngray

nowhere special
You have to dress for the crash, not the ride. In my state, a helmet is required. If that's all you have, it may save your life. You might also wish it hadn't, if that's all you have. I'm what is known as an ATGATT rider. All The Gear All The Time.
It can feel good feeling the wind in your hair when riding but I agree if anything bad happens you are much more likely to be seriously injured that way. There are reasons why bikers wear leather and its not just for style points. I just shake my head when I see an idiot riding barefoot wearing shorts and no helmet.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Just sign up for organ donation, please. I see their little cutie girlfriends wearing just shorts as well. Won't be so cute with skin grafts for the burns and road rash.

oldngray

nowhere special
I have to admit I didn't always wear a helmet if it was just a quick trip. I did always wear one for longer distances and freeway travel though.

clean hairy

Of course you have the knuckleheads who give the responsible riders a bad rap.
Driving the expressway Wed Evening, speed limit 60. I was doing about 67, here comes this yayhoo was a blur as he went by, would guess topping triple digits.
He was being scraped off the road a couple hours later.