Motorcyclist Hit by UPS Truck: $3.4 Million

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I hear better with earplugs. I always wear them on any ride I expect to last more than about 20 minutes.
I chose to wear a helmet even before it was mandatory in my state.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Let's stay on topic and stay serious for a change, INDE. I have a molded custom set I purchased at Infineon while inbetween races. Was painful during molding , but worth it. Molded plugs are the only ones technically legal there, but I haven't had a runin yet where anybody cared about that.

Indecisi0n

Let's stay on topic and stay serious for a change, INDE. I have a molded custom set I purchased at Infineon while inbetween races. Was painful during molding , but worth it. Molded plugs are the only ones technically legal there, but I haven't had a runin yet where anybody cared about that.

That was a serious reply LOL

I just like to hear as much as I can whiling riding (don't like the muffle effect). I have a sport bike so I don't do much highway. If I did then I would invest because that wind noise will drive you nuts after a while.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I commute most time, but go thousands of miles at a time over several days on other occasions. The wind noise will make you deaf after a while. My Muzzy full system disappears after about 60.

bluehdmc

Is it just me, or do all Russian motorists seem to have a roadway deathwish in general?

I think they just love their dashcams. Of course for some of the riders an MSF course might have saved them some pain.

I don't want to get into the helmet debate in general. I got "left-turned" many years ago and the helmet I was wearing, (mandatory), had 4 scratches across the top similar to what looked like a fingernail scratch only deeper in a hard substance. I figure I would have a weird part line across my head if I hadn't been wearing a helmet. So I continue to wear helmets, even if I go into a state where I wouldn't have to.

clean hairy

Anyone that can explain the riders who do have helmets, but leave them hanging from the bike and not on their head while riding?
Never have figured that out.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
Life may be dangerous and by no means do I advocate bubble wrapping ourselves but only an idiot would ride a motorcycle without wearing a helmet.
I don't ride a motorcycle, but I must agree with upstate on this one! I do like convertibles however and always wear my seatbelt and drive safetly. One can still have fun. I had a few thumbs up from motorcyclelists.

rod

Retired 22 years
Anyone that can explain the riders who do have helmets, but leave them hanging from the bike and not on their head while riding?
Never have figured that out.

Sometimes a bag of candy won't do the trick. Some gals insist on having a helmet before they will jump on.

clean hairy

A previous post said helmets do not cuase spinal or neck injuries.
Has any worn a helmet and been hung upside down wearing a helmet and been dropped friend
Sometimes a bag of candy won't do the trick. Some gals insist on having a helmet before they will jump on.
Great to see they like protection!

watdaflock?

No advice for good riding boots?
You're right.

OLztM4P.gif

Last edited: