MRA?

Yolo

Yeah the negotiation committee should’ve been able to predict a viral pandemic that started two years after they presented the contract that would restrict international travel and visas resulting in more jobs than people to fill them along with two years of free money by the government. Cut me a break.

Huh?

The starting union wage is lower than minimum wage. That's an issue.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Yeah the negotiation committee should’ve been able to predict a viral pandemic that started two years after they presented the contract that would restrict international travel and visas resulting in more jobs than people to fill them along with two years of free money by the government. Cut me a break.
No but 15 bucks an hour sucks

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I fully agree with you more combo jobs would actually help the company as those people generally are here for the long-haul but the company is too short sighted to see that.
They have added some of these jobs in some areas I work around… lock them into fulltime work and they will stick around… give them incentives to stay…it works

Commercial Inside Release

The starting union wage is lower than minimum wage. That's an issue.
That minimum wage in Washington is really a "living wage" as they call it. It is more than double what many other states have for minimums. It is a good thing, but no one on the negotiating committee saw that coming, and neither did I.

For decades minimum wages were $2.65-3.85, and later another few decades between $6.50-8.50 So, $15 - $20 per hour is a little out of character, and quite a new thing.

Certainly, the locals need to beat the minimums, hopefully by a significant margin.

opie

They created numerous 22.3 jobs here lately. But they only account for a small portion of the inside workforce. These jobs can literally be life changing for someone.

WorkingAsDirected

20220118_002459.jpg

deeztier

everyone knew this would happen when the contract was pushed through. not enough people voted so the union implemented the 2/3 rule. the worst thing they could've done. part timers were screwed big time on the hourly wage, especially in regions where minimum wage was already approved to be $15 hour by 2022 (California). BEST CONTRACT EVER; and now all the new hires are finding out why most of those that actually voted, voted NO.

Karma...

there is a restaurant here that pays 25 dollars an hour and you keep all your tips..no benefits but great pay ....people are students so they dont need the benefits