Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 430
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 416

chris9834

Any feeder brothers driven one or know anyone that has? Kenworth CNG. Automatic with a Cummins engine. Plenty of pulling power? I usually either pull trips or double 45's. Curious how it's gonna run out on the Interstate. #276021. We are getting 68 of them in. Any comments???
Looks good I think the Kenworths look real sharp..im not in feeders but I over heard a mechanic small talking to a pkg car driver and he was saying that they have had to send back appx 50 of the new trucks that were getting, back to the dealer for warranty work bc there is alot of bells and whistles that go off and they got to get them serviced ive only seen new wise KW's at my bldg so im assumming thats what he was talking about.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The manual transmission KW's are pretty decent once you get to speed. The automatics are dogs on steep inclines but shift relatively well on their own. Downshifting is pretty effortless in AUTO but their is a Manual selection button below the Drive button and you can shift it manually.

Never pulled trips, but on doubles it can be a dog at first.

Takes some getting used to, but overall time will tell if they can handle the trailers we pull.

TOS.

Brown Now

I am a extended center out of Mesquite. Mesquite has mostly LNG Kenworths but all exteded drivers get the old leftovers. Not complaing to bad my old Sterling will out run and out pull the LNG's anyway just dont look as nice!!!!
Those Sterlings have Detroit Series 60 engines. That's a great engine. Only better pulling engine I've driven was a 425 Caterpillar back in the mid 90s.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Jesus man and I thought our building was the crap hole. We have a Mack that is a 263.
We only have 2 left, and honestly they have been taken care of better than the newer ones. The crazy part is it was my dads truck when they got them new.

spif91

Noticed tonight that the AM/FM CD player has a USB port and an auxiliary port on the front of the radio which will be great for my XM radio.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We have several 267 268 and 269 Macs and Internationals including some LNG Mac's that have to be fueled off property. We have CNG on property for most off the pkg cars. supposedly most of our older tractors are going to Texas. What I've heard anyway.
Just got a CNG fueling station about 3 blocks from the center. I'm interested to see if we start getting some of the vehicles.

raceanoncr

Reminds me of yrs ago, when still heavy equipment operator. Got a new Cat 621 Scraper in. Young guy says to seasoned vet standing nearby, looking non-impressed, "Isn't this NICE?". Old guy, who's been thru, probably HUNDREDS of these in his years, retorts, "It's still WORK!!!!"

rod

Retired 22 years
Seriously? ----an automatic? ---- you guys really are getting wussified.

Last edited by a moderator: