My Peak Ended 12/3

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Unfortunately I broke my fibula and tibia on a delivery Tuesday. Had surgery that night and will be out of service for about four months. So be careful out there.

overflowed

Sorry to hear that dude. You will know you've been home too long when you know what the daytime tv schedule is. Rest up and don't rush back till you leg is good.

STFXG

That's a pretty intense break. What happened to cause it? Sorry to hear about it. Take it easy and let it heal properly. And stay out of the cold. That rod in your leg won't feel too great out in this temp.

DontThrowPackages

Unfortunately I broke my fibula and tibia on a delivery Tuesday. Had surgery that night and will be out of service for about four months. So be careful out there.

I hope you mend well and are able to be the way you were before the accident. Too bad, if you're with express, you've just lost your job and no doubt, if your rte was FT, manager is already splitting it in half. Chances are, you'll become a floater at your station or transfer out to another to stay FT. Good luck.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
It was a slip on an icy driveway. Not exactly black ice nor rain. The leg shifted out and hit a dry patch. It twisted and snapped both bones. Didn't even fall, just sort of unplanted my oddly twisted foot and sat down in agony.

upschuck

:nurse: get well soon, hope all goes well. Fortunately I only had one injury, and that was during my qualifying period.

FUFred

I hope you are doing okay. Now,Get a workers Comp attorney. Fedex will make you burn your personal days, floaters and vacation. My lawyer got all my personal days back along with a weeks worth a vacation after my fall. When you do get your first check its 4-5 weeks after your accident. Best of luck to you in your recovery, enjoy having peak off.

MAKAVELI

I hope you are doing okay. Now,Get a workers Comp attorney. Fedex will make you burn your personal days, floaters and vacation. My lawyer got all my personal days back along with a weeks worth a vacation after my fall. When you do get your first check its 4-5 weeks after your accident. Best of luck to you in your recovery, enjoy having peak off.
I believe he is a ground driver. But I would still recommend getting an attorney.

Rhoderunner

Now,Get a workers Comp attorney.
Very very good advice. You need that buffer between you, work and the system. In my state they work for you for free, get paid by the workers comp system. Being out for a long time means problems are gonna arise and you'll want that lawyer dealing with them. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

HomeDelivery

I believe he is a ground driver. But I would still recommend getting an attorney.

agrees, if that contractor didn't make sure your equipment is up-to-par, i would also doubt if he's going to pay for your worker's comp

i just covered someone who broke his foot over the summer... contractor was decent that he did pay for it without any attorney meddling in between the driver and the contractor

------------------------------------------

time to up my calcium intake since i'm drinkin' more coffee (and that saps calcium from your body, right?):dead:

i'm packin' my slip-on ice cleats and a tow strap for tues' storm

be safe out there:onitswaysmiley:

bbsam

Staff member
agrees, if that contractor didn't make sure your equipment is up-to-par, i would also doubt if he's going to pay for your worker's comp

i just covered someone who broke his foot over the summer... contractor was decent that he did pay for it without any attorney meddling in between the driver and the contractor

------------------------------------------

time to up my calcium intake since i'm drinkin' more coffee (and that saps calcium from your body, right?):dead:

i'm packin' my slip-on ice cleats and a tow strap for tues' storm

be safe out there:onitswaysmiley:
Since you obviously have no idea what you are talking about...again...:)

The contractor simply turns the claim in to the insurance provider--end of story. He does not decide what gets paid and what doesn't. It's a frickin' insurance company for God's sake! Who knows what or why they do what they do.

I had a driver who twisted.her knee. Went to doctor and doctor said couldn't really do much because she had so much arthritis. Well according to custom, if the injury further complicated the arthritic condition, work comp would pay for KNEE REPLACEMENT SURGERY ! Possibly on both knees--go figure.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Since you obviously have no idea what you are talking about...again...:)

The contractor simply turns the claim in to the insurance provider--end of story. He does not decide what gets paid and what doesn't. It's a frickin' insurance company for God's sake! Who knows what or why they do what they do.

I had a driver who twisted.her knee. Went to doctor and doctor said couldn't really do much because she had so much arthritis. Well according to custom, if the injury further complicated the arthritic condition, work comp would pay for KNEE REPLACEMENT SURGERY ! Possibly on both knees--go figure.

If the knees were indeed arthritic would that be considered "work related" or a "pre-existing condition"?

My former brother-in-law is having his right knee totally replaced. He has had 3 previous surgeries on the same knee, the first resulting from a high school football injury, so the replacement will not be covered by comp due to the pre-existing condition. 5 days in the hospital post-surgery and at least 2 months off from work.

bbsam

Staff member
I thought the same, but it is that the injury aggravated the preexisting condition and it is indeed covered. Insurance companies. Not always logical, but it is what it is.