My Working Conditions

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
(Shared with my friends elsewhere)

I want to tell you all a bit of something. I work very hard and I deliver a ****load of packages. I think my life is hard sometimes, because my boss expects excellence, and deserves such effort. Nothing is as hard as me on myself. I expect better than excellence. For those of you who know me professionally, well you see my effort and commitment. For those of you who once knew me, here's where I am.

I guess the point of this is really take pride in what you do, because it just makes for a better day when you wake, and love it. I'm in year 7 at FedEx Ground, and honestly, I can't think of a better place to work.

MAKAVELI

I want to tell you all a bit of something. I work very hard and I deliver a ****load of packages. I think my life is hard sometimes, because my boss expects excellence, and deserves such effort. Nothing is as hard as me on myself. I expect better than excellence. For those of you who know me professionally, well you see my effort and commitment. For those of you who once knew me, here's where I am.

I guess the point of this is really take pride in what you do, because it just makes for a better day when you wake, and love it. I'm in year 7 at FedEx Ground, and honestly, I can't think of a better place to work.
You must be drinking that moonshine kool aid.

Code 82 Approved

You must be drinking that moonshine kool aid.

Is it that hard to admit what dedicated Ground drivers do is all that bad? Get over your hatred FFS. People like me bring Ground up to the level FedEx and Federal Express separation anxiety have. We are your partners, not your ENEMIES.

Epoisode7

I am black. Whenever I read something absolutely insane and I don't know how to respond to it, it makes me speak in ebonics. And this is one of those times.

You be crazy, dog

Epoisode7

Get over your hatred FFS
code82, your drive and expectation of excellence are noble qualities, but let me turn that acronym you used back around on you. >FFS< get out of ground! If you strive for excellence, you are beating your head into the wall if you ever expect it to be reciprocated at ground. Go to medical school, or choose a lucrative profession where your professionalism will be rewarded with either satisfaction, or $$$$, whichever you enjoy more. Your only reward at ground will be a stagnant paycheck, and a befuddled look on everyone's face when you bust your ass for a mediocre job and a corporate culture that would sell you out or outsource your ass to India in a heartbeat if it could.

bbsam

Staff member
I am black. Whenever I read something absolutely insane and I don't know how to respond to it, it makes me speak in ebonics. And this is one of those times.

You be crazy, dog

I'm black too. And when I read something so short sighted I am simply amazed.

Choose a franchise. Any one of hundreds. Somewhere there is a corporate HQ that sets standards for that franchise. Some excel at meeting them, some do not. Some management exceeds expectations some suck.

Now why is it so incredibly hard to believe that Code 82 happens to work for an excellent contractor? Or do you just want to stubbornly insist that such a creature does not exist?

Epoisode7

Now why is it so incredibly hard to believe that Code 82 happens to work for an excellent contractor?

Because I am bitter. I had a bad experience with Ground and would very much like to see it get gobbled by UPS. As you mention, there is a very likely chance that there are good contractors all around gainfully employing people who work hard and are satisfied with their jobs. Now look what you made me do... gettin' all honest and open. Now back to my hard-nosed rants against Ground!:devil3:

bbsam

Staff member
Actually, ranting is good. All that bitterness can kill a guy. And I'm serious about that.

Code 82 Approved

code82, your drive and expectation of excellence are noble qualities, but let me turn that acronym you used back around on you. >FFS< get out of ground! If you strive for excellence, you are beating your head into the wall if you ever expect it to be reciprocated at ground. Go to medical school, or choose a lucrative profession where your professionalism will be rewarded with either satisfaction, or $$$$, whichever you enjoy more. Your only reward at ground will be a stagnant paycheck, and a befuddled look on everyone's face when you bust your ass for a mediocre job and a corporate culture that would sell you out or outsource your ass to India in a heartbeat if it could.

Nobody frys chicken up here good. Seriously! It's a lost art.

Code 82 Approved

I really wish to open a piano bar and and serve the best fried chicken in all of Milwaukee in the recently closed place right behind my terminal. Honest! I'm 100% not kidding.

Goldilocks

Have fun because one day your back, knees, eyes and bladder will be shot. You will reach the ripe OLD age of 50 and wont be any use to Ground anymore. They will hire a young boy that will put you to shame. Then what? Welcome to our world....

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Goldi's right.

Once you're of no use to FedEx (Express OR Ground) they'll toss you out the back door like a bag of trash.

HomeDelivery

we were down 3 drivers out of 12 the past week... so most of us are staying out later to cover their areas on top of our own. Some are starting to "feel the burn" of staying out later as we haven't have a drop in volume after peak season.

thank goodness it's summer time so i don't need to whip out my cumbersome spotlight to find house numbers

some works as fast/efficient as their UPS counterparts & are making an OK wage ($20-25 per hour) but that's with cutting corners, like leaving the bulkhead open & running, not briskly walking, off to the stops

i still like the rat race; i had a raise & it's still not close to UPS levels, but i can work with it. I didn't partake in any of their safety crap or that dog/pony show because I already know that one accident will make you a target to be replaced as soon as they can find another sucker to fill-in.

klein

Für Meno :)
I enjoy my job, too.
I mostly work weekends though, from Thursday thru Sunday (4days) and at special events at times, too.
Now, I have a cute assitant, because we are doing custom, personalized labels for Crown Royal & Johnnie Walker.
It only pays $16/hr, but I'm still expecting a pay day of atleast $1700 for a 2 week period ( I only had 2 or 3 days off).

Epoisode7

You guys be banking. I was making $635 per week salary, or 33k per year, working 10-12 hour days. I was maxed out on pay because I ran for every delivery, didn't stop and eat, and had low numbers of disputes, returns, etc. The guys who were slower only made 600.
​The really slow ones, or new ones only made 500.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I enjoy my job, too.
I mostly work weekends though, from Thursday thru Sunday (4days) and at special events at times, too.
Now, I have a cute assitant, because we are doing custom, personalized labels for Crown Royal & Johnnie Walker.
It only pays $16/hr, but I'm still expecting a pay day of atleast $1700 for a 2 week period ( I only had 2 or 3 days off).

Nice assistant. I might help for free.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Goldi's right.

Once you're of no use to FedEx (Express OR Ground) they'll toss you out the back door like a bag of trash.

So true. Wait until you get hurt (you will), get old (you will), or slow down (that too). They cannot get you out the door fast enough. In fact, they'll help you out with extra OLCCs and letters to speed it up. Good old Fred.

bbsam

Staff member
So true. Wait until you get hurt (you will), get old (you will), or slow down (that too). They cannot get you out the door fast enough. In fact, they'll help you out with extra OLCCs and letters to speed it up. Good old Fred.
Cold hard fact. No company cares for you or me. Nor should they. It really isn't why they exist.