need alittle help quick

705red

Browncafe Steward
i have a copy of the letter but the union VP has it.
Terminated for failure to report accident.
Customer didnt witness.
They are upset because she sent a letter to atlanta HQ(6/4/09)
DRV sup claims measurements match up .....but they repaired it in june.
We just got the letter 7/10/09.
this letter got to my center
You remember walking off the package and meeting the customer. The customer never saw you hit the gate. You say that you did not back in the driveway.

What exactly measures up that the sups checked?

Was there any damage to the UPS truck?

If you were backing up and did hit the gate it should cause alot more damage then $20.

Stick to the truth. It is possible to have just slightly rubbed something without having any knowledge, you might not have felt it and could have been checking your other mirror at the time.

Lots of things happen on a daily basis. Sounds like the customer is just a plain pain in the rear end.

But at the same time i find it hard to believe that a customer would go this far over $20 in damage. Could a dry cleaning truck, fedex truck, charity pick up truck have been there? These are questions that need to be asked, especially since no one saw what happened.

helenofcalifornia

You didn't back into the driveway and she didn't witness it. She asked you why you didn't drive up the driveway. How the heck did you get fired? Was there damage on the truck? Did you admit anything?

It's that damn letter to Atlanta. (Yeah, WHO writes letters these days? Especially to Atlanta? Old people with a lot of time on their hands. Otherwise that claim would have been a lot higher)

What does the Union say about this?

benkicked

got that right they both in there middle to late 70s im guessing.
letter was hand writen and polaroid pics. photo copyed
I turned in my grievence today meet with my rep in the mourning.
i am still freaking out.
the rep i talked with today sounded very positive.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I hope you get your job back, I don't see any proof that you actually did it in the first place.

I have been falsely accused twice under similar circumstances. Once a lady called and claimed she watched me back into her driveway and knock over a brick mailbox. My P7 had gotten a new paint job the week before. There was not a single scratch on its new paint job. It turned out one of her neighbors owned up to it, he was pulling a bobcat on a trailer out of his driveway and he over corrected and hit the mailbox. The lady called my center manager and apologized. She figured that since I delivered to her that day, I must have done it. The second time, somebody claimed they watched me hit a eight dollar metal mailbox. My center manager went out and looked at it. It had a giant round dent in the top of it like somebody hit it with a baseball bat. There was no way my Package Car could have done it.

Good luck with your situation. I can't believe that you can be fired over twenty dollars worth of damage and no proof you did it. But then a lot of things this company does makes no sense.

Last edited:
M

Mike23

I'm curious how it happened in June (which means the gate's likely repaired) and you're only getting the letter now? Hmm, I smell something stinky...oh, wait, that's me...I'm sure it's also old people and management though (sometimes they're both!)

raceanoncr

but all that damage is noted on the pre-trip every morning and noted / signed/dated+time by a sup

I'd like to know where THIS happens! First of all, how many actually pre-trip? I know it's DOT reg, but how many actually do it?

Second, if you DO pre-trip, how much is noted/signed, dated+time bye a sup?

Don't get me wrong, I do exactly as you described in these situations. I pre/post-trip thoroughly everyday. Everything unusual is noted and showed to a sup but USUSALLY, it's fluffed off as nothing! Sure, I've covered my arse and done just as you say, I'm just saying how many of your fellow co-workers actually perform such as pre-trip as you say? Here, I'm betting only a handful. So, whose fault is this? Not mine!

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
That's great to hear! Was a determination ever made about the "accident"? What was the termination reduced to? Suspension (time served) or written/verbal warning? While I'm a little dismayed about the lost pay, still glad you're back.:happy2: