Need help finding UPS Partner Program code to purchase new car

SpinKix

Hi,

I'm planning to purchase a 2017 VW GTI SE, and UPS employees / retirees qualify for a $500 discount in addition to any VW incentive plans.

Problem is i'm retired, and my UPSer's account is cancelled.

The way it works is UPS provides a VW Partner Program Discount code that I can use to generate the $500 discount certificate on their website.

So, could someone provide the discount code they used (doesn't matter, it's the same code for all purchases), or maybe look up the VW Partners Program Discount code on the UPSer's website for me?

I have all my UPS retiree paperwork to verify the certificate at the dealer, I just need the code.

Thanks!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Hi,

I'm planning to purchase a 2017 VW GTI SE, and UPS employees / retirees qualify for a $500 discount in addition to any VW incentive plans.

Problem is i'm retired, and my UPSer's account is cancelled.

The way it works is UPS provides a VW Partner Program Discount code that I can use to generate the $500 discount certificate on their website.

So, could someone provide the discount code they used (doesn't matter, it's the same code for all purchases), or maybe look up the VW Partners Program Discount code on the UPSer's website for me?

I have all my UPS retiree paperwork to verify the certificate at the dealer, I just need the code.

Thanks!
Out of curiosity how did you pick purchasing a Vw gti.....that is a great car but really expensive....I've heard that some of the systems in that car are designed/ same parts as high end Audis.... I had a 1986 gti, very fun car to drive

SpinKix

Are you literally sitting at the dealership as we speak?

0664JE

Lol, not mission critical yet.

Right now I'm haggling with a few dealers. The SE was really rare last month, and they haven't caught on that there are a bunch of them in SoCal now. Plus the 2017 Golf production shuts down this month, and 2018 tooling starts. Should be good deals coming up, so I'm getting my ducks in a row.

Problem is, I'm really anxious to get one.
Must....hold.....out......

Anyway, THANKS UpstateNYUPSer! Got the certificate.

Out of curiosity how did you pick purchasing a Vw gti.....that is a great car but really expensive....I've heard that some of the systems in that car are designed/ same parts as high end Audis.... I had a 1986 gti, very fun car to drive

Guess it's a bucket list kinda thing.

Always wanted a BMW, but only the 2 series is a driving machine any more. Just 4 seats, 2 doors, and lots of grandkids. Add to that, I'm sort of over my badge snob thing.

I'm all about handling, power, and comfort now, plus the stealth factor is nice. Compared to a BMW or Audi, they're invisible, generic, and ignored (hopefully by cops, lol) The GTl (Golf r especially) is the ultimate sleeper car.

As for the price, I enjoy spirited driving in the local mountain roads and the comfortable, quiet ride otherwise. It really does compare to an Audi for a lot less.

Pricy, yes, but a bargain for the price.

Compact car sales are tanking. Trucks, crossovers, SUVs are selling now.
In spite of this headwind and the VW diesel debacle, Jan-Feb Golf sales are up 60%, with some models setting record sales.

The reviews and awards got my attention....

Car and Driver 10 best - 10 years running, TONS of comparison wins and awards like this Evo magazine runner up award behind a $184,900.00 Porche 911R:

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2016/12/17/And-The-Award-For-Best-Car-Of-2016-Goes-To-7736908/

Golf GTI Clubsport S (the limited production supercar Golf, admittedly) was ahead of such cars as the McClaren 570S, BMW M2, Lamborghini Huracan LP580-2, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vantage GT8, Audi R8 V10 Plus and the Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe.

Anyway, sorry for the sales pitch, but after having to settle for reading reviews and watching YouTube videos, I'm going nuts for this car!

rod

Retired 22 years
We've got over 6,000 of those cheating VW diesels sitting in a compound here waiting for who knows what (the scrap crusher-ship them over seas-put new computers in them and sell them as used here?). No one knows. Mean while the guy who owns the lot is making a killing on storage fees. They have been here since last fall.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
We've got over 6,000 of those cheating VW diesels sitting in a compound here waiting for who knows what (the scrap crusher-ship them over seas-put new computers in them and sell them as used here?). No one knows. Mean while the guy who owns the lot is making a killing on storage fees. They have been here since last fall.

Every week there are 15-25 of them sitting behind our VW store waiting for transport.

Some can be fixed, others will be crushed after the ECU is destroyed making them inoperable.

I personally know two people who made out really good in the buy back.

rod

Retired 22 years
Every week there are 15-25 of them sitting behind our VW store waiting for transport.

Some can be fixed, others will be crushed after the ECU is destroyed making them inoperable.

I personally know two people who made out really good in the buy back.

No one can understand why so many of them are being stored here for so long. At last count over 6,000

rod

Retired 22 years
Gotta stage them someplace.

I'd imagine they were a pretty popular car out your way.

Apparently we are getting the ones from a 5 state area. The local salvage yard just put in a new million dollar metal schreder a couple of years ago. Maybe they are destined for it. It sure seems like a waste. They all look like great cars. I don't see why they can't be sold "as is". I know they supposedly won't pass emission tests but many states don't test like a lot of states do. If nothing else render the engine useless and sell the other parts.

SpinKix

Aww, you just has to go and burst my bubble, lol.

Yeah, VW reliability is a crap shoot, but I'm driving a Ford Focus that's rated way worse than VW, and no problems except for recalled door latches.

I purchased the best Ford extended warranty, never used it.

Should help when I sell it. 2 years left, transferable.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Aww, you just has to go and burst my bubble, lol.

Yeah, VW reliability is a crap shoot, but I'm driving a Ford Focus that's rated way worse than VW, and no problems except for recalled door latches.

I purchased the best Ford extended warranty, never used it.

Should help when I sell it. 2 years left, transferable.

Extended warranties are the ultimate rip off.

SpinKix

Yeah, I agree to a point, especially the maintenance warranty.
I only have 28k miles after 5 years, and the brakes are not worn enough for them to a brake job under warranty.

BUT.... The Ford Premium extended warranty is good as warranties go. Pretty much the same as the factory warranty, even wear items like seals.

My previous car, a Infiniti G35 was ridiculous on repairs. $1,200 for a cracked seat track. That's more than I paid for the Ford warranty.

Repair costs on new cars are very costly, and since I never hit the mileage limits and keep cars 5-10 years a warranty can pay off.

The main reason I went for the warranty is I had a dreadful experience with a new Ford Ranger years ago, vowed NEVER again with a Ford.

But after reading reviews, I test drove one. End of Ford ban.

Still leery of Ford quality I warrantied it up the wazoo.

After 5 years, no regrets. Still a blast to drive.

I'll recoup most of the warranty cost in the sales price I recon.
Compares to Certified Pre-Owned warranty from a dealer.

Last edited: