Never Let A Serious Crisis Go To Waste.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before. - Rahm Emanuel

Trump fires Michael Atkinson, intelligence IG who told Congress about Ukraine phone call

Trump’s dead of night decision to fire ICIG Michael Atkinson is another blatant attempt to gut the independence of the Intelligence Community and retaliate against those who dare to expose presidential wrongdoing. It puts our country and national security at even greater risk.
- Adam Schiff
Adam Schiff - Gollum Avatar.jpg

EUugURHX0AA-quI

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before. - Rahm Emanuel

Trump fires Michael Atkinson, intelligence IG who told Congress about Ukraine phone call

Trump’s dead of night decision to fire ICIG Michael Atkinson is another blatant attempt to gut the independence of the Intelligence Community and retaliate against those who dare to expose presidential wrongdoing. It puts our country and national security at even greater risk.
- Adam Schiff View attachment 289810

EUugURHX0AA-quI

The report on FISA abuses gave Trump a free hand to get rid of Atkinson

Of course that is not what you will hear CNN and MSNBC say

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Fox is not what it used to be since Murdoch's liberal sons took over. It is still to the right of most other media (who lean far to the left) but will still bash Trump at times.
Trump said in the Covid-19 Teleconference today that he fired Atkinson because he took the Ukraine conference call notes to Adam Schiff.
I guess all of the press got that part correct.

oldngray

nowhere special
Trump said in the Covid-19 Teleconference today that he fired Atkinson because he took the Ukraine conference call notes to Adam Schiff.
I guess all of the press got that part correct.
Schiff still won't release Atkinson's testimony from the impeachment hearings. Must have been helpful to Trump.

vantexan

Fox is not what it used to be since Murdoch's liberal sons took over. It is still to the right of most other media (who lean far to the left) but will still bash Trump at times.
A free and independent Press will hold a president accountable for wrongdoing, not cover for him if he's in the "correct" party. Trump shouldn't be continuously ridiculed by partisans masquerading as journalists, but if the Press that's to the right of others legitimately criticises him it's not because they aren't what they used to be, it's because they're doing their job. If a president wants their support against the rest of the Press he'll modify his behavior. Because ultimately he needs the votes to get reelected and that's a great motivator. Shouldn't be that way, should be doing the right thing because it's the right thing, but that's the reality.

oldngray

nowhere special
A free and independent Press will hold a president accountable for wrongdoing, not cover for him if he's in the "correct" party. Trump shouldn't be continuously ridiculed by partisans masquerading as journalists, but if the Press that's to the right of others legitimately criticises him it's not because they aren't what they used to be, it's because they're doing their job. If a president wants their support against the rest of the Press he'll modify his behavior. Because ultimately he needs the votes to get reelected and that's a great motivator. Shouldn't be that way, should be doing the right thing because it's the right thing, but that's the reality.

My point was that most liberals mindlessly bash Fox as if they are always far right Trump supporters. Which is most definitely not true. Fox does lean right but has liberals on air too.

vantexan

My point was that most liberals mindlessly bash Fox as if they are always far right Trump supporters. Which is most definitely not true. Fox does lean right but has liberals on air too.
But you can be conservative and still criticize a Republican president. This putting up a unified front to protect "our guy" is exactly what I hated about the Left's actions with Obama. We should be supportive of Trump against all the ridiculous attacks but we should always put the good of the country first above all else. We did that with Nixon. And the Left should have done that with Hillary rather than seeking to elect someone who used her position to enrich herself. It's frustrating because they don't play by the same rules but we should still uphold certain standards.