New car discount

Cementups

Box Monkey
Would anyone here happen to know the right Partner Code for Mazda with out employee discount? the one provided on UPSers.com is wrong.

kingOFchester

Would anyone here happen to know the right Partner Code for Mazda with out employee discount? the one provided on UPSers.com is wrong.

I own 2007 Toyota 30k miles......1997 Toyota 140k miles.....and a Ford 2001 truck 40k miles. Still trying to sell the ford.

rod

Retired 22 years
Although one can end up with a lemon no matter what make vehical you buy I have to say my daughters Mazda 626 was the biggest piece of crap we have ever owned-------and I've had some dozies. I ended up tradiing it to a salvage yard for a set of tires and wheels for an old pickup. 100 dollar trade at the most---and it was only 7 years old. It had all kinds of electrical/ computer problems and the final straw was the day the motor blew. My wife drives a Honda Accord and it is the best car we have ever owned. It beats the heck out of her last car, a 2002 VW Passat , when it comes to carefree driving. I spent close to 2 grand chasing a "check engine" light on that piece of German crap. After trading it for the Honda, VW had a recall on Passats of that year. Guess what for. They recalled the old gas caps as they would cause the ck eng light to malfunction. 2 grand for a #%^#***% bad gas cap. (yes I know that the 1st thing you do if your ck eng light comes on is to make sure you gas cap is on tight-done that dozens of times to that Passat).

some1else

Banned
dude make sure with the x-plan (or mazda equivalent) you not only get the pricing; but you also get prefered financing!!!!

my dealer didnt mention this; luckily i always take a 24hour "cool off" before i finalize a large purchase (well worth it if you think about it) and was researching at 2am unable to sleep.

the dealer "oh ya i forgot that!" mo#######r

Cementups

Box Monkey
Although one can end up with a lemon no matter what make vehical you buy I have to say my daughters Mazda 626 was the biggest piece of crap we have ever owned-------and I've had some dozies. I ended up tradiing it to a salvage yard for a set of tires and wheels for an old pickup. 100 dollar trade at the most---and it was only 7 years old. It had all kinds of electrical/ computer problems and the final straw was the day the motor blew. My wife drives a Honda Accord and it is the best car we have ever owned. It beats the heck out of her last car, a 2002 VW Passat , when it comes to carefree driving. I spent close to 2 grand chasing a "check engine" light on that piece of German crap. After trading it for the Honda, VW had a recall on Passats of that year. Guess what for. They recalled the old gas caps as they would cause the ck eng light to malfunction. 2 grand for a #%^#***% bad gas cap. (yes I know that the 1st thing you do if your ck eng light comes on is to make sure you gas cap is on tight-done that dozens of times to that Passat).

Wish i would have known you then. The 626, also known as the Ford Probe, had plenty of problems. I tihnk Mazda made a pretty big change though around 2000. Their new lines are quite.nice

i too am a Honda guy. My 1991 Honda CRX Si has 154,xxx on it. Not a single problem other than normal wear and tear. It needs a clutch right now and then will be good to go. Not bad to get 150k out of a OEM clutch. I have owned close to a dozen Hondas annd never a major problem. I am really leaning toward an Acura MDX, but am keeping my options open for now.

Big Babooba

i buy japanese and im not afraid to admit it

more reliable in my opinion

Wish i would have known you then. The 626, also known as the Ford Probe, had plenty of problems. I tihnk Mazda made a pretty big change though around 2000. Their new lines are quite.nice

i too am a Honda guy. My 1991 Honda CRX Si has 154,xxx on it. Not a single problem other than normal wear and tear. It needs a clutch right now and then will be good to go. Not bad to get 150k out of a OEM clutch. I have owned close to a dozen Hondas annd never a major problem. I am really leaning toward an Acura MDX, but am keeping my options open for now.
I am considering a Mazda6. I have spoken to a few people who have them and nobody had a bad experience with them. I test drove both the sGT & iGT models. The sGT with its 6 cylinder flies down the road. Aw few weeks later I went back to the dealer and drove the iGT. The salesman put a plate on it, gave me the key and sent me off alone. Needless to say, I put it through its paces. I was very impressed with it. The 4 lacks the power that the 6 has, but a 31 mpg hwy/20 city rating is nothing to sneeze at. I took the iGT on the highway and thought that it was a slug. Then I looked at the speedometer. I was doing 85 mph and not realizing it!. The 4 cylinder is what I'm leaning towards. The 6 cylinder would be nice, but the 4 cylinder makes more sense because we never know what the price of gas will do.

SmithBarney

Yeah and don't forget that 626 was made right here in the good ol USA
at Fords Flat Rock plant, where the probe, cougar, and now the Mustang are built.

I still think todays MPG are crap, I drive a 99 Cougar(V6)
and while the window sticker says 28mpg HWY, I can easily get 34-35, but usually end up around 32. So when {insert company here} brags about 31mpg for a 4 cylinder, I wonder what these companies
really are doing.

Get what makes you happy.

Big Babooba

Yeah and don't forget that 626 was made right here in the good ol USA
at Fords Flat Rock plant, where the probe, cougar, and now the Mustang are built.

I still think todays MPG are crap, I drive a 99 Cougar(V6)
and while the window sticker says 28mpg HWY, I can easily get 34-35, but usually end up around 32. So when {insert company here} brags about 31mpg for a 4 cylinder, I wonder what these companies
really are doing.

Get what makes you happy.
The Mazda6 is built in Michigan by UAW members. Its corporate cousins (Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln MKZ) are built in Mexico.

UPSNewbie

The Mazda6 is built in Michigan by UAW members. Its corporate cousins (Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln MKZ) are built in Mexico.

I got a chance to drive a Mazda6. SWEET car. Thought I'm not a big car guy, since I am a jolly green. I like my friend-150. Seat ALL the way back. :peaceful:

pretender

I had a 2000 Passat--It was great when it was new, and I loved driving it. However, it was one thing or another always going wrong--The "check engine" light was a constant source of annoyance. Just before I sold it, the headliner trim starting falling down. My wife has a 1998 Accord, and she just loves it. Other than scheduled maintenance, we have not had to spend a penny on it.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had a 2000 Passat--It was great when it was new, and I loved driving it. However, it was one thing or another always going wrong--The "check engine" light was a constant source of annoyance. Just before I sold it, the headliner trim starting falling down. My wife has a 1998 Accord, and she just loves it. Other than scheduled maintenance, we have not had to spend a penny on it.

I had a typo in my post---mine was actually a 2000 also. I wonder how many $$$$$$$$$$ VW made off their unsuspecting customers with that parts changing scam. I'll bet it was millions nationwide. It was a good car until the day the warranty ran out. I should have known something wasn't addiing up the 1st time I took it in and was charged $137.00 to change 4 sparkplugs. Nothing else- just 4 sparkplugs. That lasted about 2 days before the ck engine light was on again. That lead to polution pumps, sensors, gaskets and the list went on and on. It was always the same excuse- "your prievious problem caused your current problem." It got to the point where my wife wouldn't allow me the take the car in because she was afraid I might do something I would regret to the service manager. ( She was probably right) Don't even bring up the subject about how much it costs to replace a timming belt on a VW :angry: