New delivery trucks?

SmithBarney

this isn't a joke? we really use golf carts?
Best part, and I wish I saved the clip. someone DVR'D a news report about a HOA finally letting CARTS back in, and part of the shot was a UPS cart going by running it's route as a package falls off the cart and he keeps on going...man I wish I saved that, but it was years ago.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I have family that live down in FL somewhere, and UPS helpers are already running golf carts from storage trailers on site.

Just point to the general area:

A_6ab1fe_790984.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
I deliver to a huge golf course that gets in total roughly 80 to a 100 stops a day in non-peak and north of 200 a day during peak. They've wanted to have a golf cart up there for years now. Thankfully they said no way. Not even all the oversized pottery barn or ballard designs detoured UPS and their love of golf carts. However not even UPS is more powerful then a HOA.

After being refused permission to use golf carts I would have made sure a half a dozen old P-800's or 1000's were roaming around that area. Especially the ones with squeaky brakes, burn oil and backfire every time you shut them off.

Bottom rung

After being refused permission to use golf carts I would have made sure a half a dozen old P-800's or 1000's were roaming around that area. Especially the ones with squeaky brakes, burn oil and backfire every time you shut them off.

I used to keybang the old cars. That was fun. Unsuspecting people never stood a chance. Wonder if they could hear me laughing?

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
How many you want? I can hook you up. Nobody will notice or complain.

The problem is that here they don't do that. Probably too hot in the summer is the reason. The neighborhoods are also about 1/4 square mile big. The drivers here generally do a whole square mile in a PC. It would take many loads just to do one neighborhood on a bicycle. They probably would have to stay close to the hub as there aren't many of them here.

watdaflock?

Note to UPS- Either get golf carts with roofs/canvas covers or everyone will continue to refuse/quit the job when its pouring rain outside.

watdaflock?

Only for about a month, sometimes it might even snow and create massive traffic jams that shut Atlanta down for a week.

Coming back from Spring break in '93 got to spend a few nights on I-75 in Calhoun.

blizzard1993b_p3.jpg

A lot of cars lost reverse that weekend...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Our building finally gave up on the bikes after 5 years of wasted time and aggravation. We currently have 10 or 15 bikes and trailers rusting in a pile in a corner of the building.