New guy 22.4 Couple questions.

NotFedEx

You have to go through 30 day probation which will be put on hold during peak season. Once peak season is over they'll let you go

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I'm a new 22.4 full time not seasonal, and just passed driving school. My first day driving is next week on November 8th. They are skipping ride alongs comletely, and I'm going straight to driving? couple questions: If you were me, would you request to ride with a supe/ do ride alongs for a few days? and how would you go about doing that? Also I just read a thread on here about being hired during peak even if you're full time. The guy was asking whether or not he would be fired afterwards. The thread had 82 replies. Half of them were bs lol and the other half said, you're screwed..they will fire you no matter how well you perform. Is this true? If so, I would really rather not waste my time or get my hopes up. So help a brother out with honest answers please. I'm 29 years old and worked like a dog all my life and outworked anybody i've ever met. Not bragging..its the truth.. so no doubt in my mind that I can do the work but is it a lost cause? Help a brother out
You’re seasonal
✊🧔‍♂️

NotFedEx

That's not necessarily true

If he was already employee in the Union and got a 22.4 bid he can definitely qualify during Peak

If he's off the street then he's Sol
Didnt know that. I always that every new driver's 30 day would be put on hold during peak. Our building just hired a bunch of drivers from inside and everyone is saying most likely they'll be gone at the end of peak

Didnt know that. I always that every new driver's 30 day would be put on hold during peak. Our building just hired a bunch of drivers from inside and everyone is saying most likely they'll be gone at the end of peak
If they signed a bid, that's the key story here
You can definitely qualify during Peak but if they're using you as a seasonal or you was hired off the street more than likely you're not going to qualify because it benefits the company

NotFedEx

If they signed a bid, that's the key story here
You can definitely qualify during Peak but if they're using you as a seasonal or you was hired off the street more than likely you're not going to qualify because it benefits the company
That's good to know. Ive been scaring all these new drivers these past weeks with wrong info lol