new guy going right to fill in board

dipneezy

hey yall, i just about to finish up my week of training down here in hrs 129 im wondering what i can expect next week when im cut loose. they tell me im gonna be a fill in driver.

here's the thing i live 2 hours away exactly and that's moving pretty good. so is this gonna hurt me? or do any of you have any suggestions on what i should do?

im in the door that's what i wanted...now its time to figure out how im going to make it down here. not afraid of working. ill take anything they throw at me... im not a quitter nor gonna let something like this make me quit. so what are your guys thoughts??

thanks a million

Calm down for one. Two, don`t be a runner. Learn a safe pace that gets the job done correctly the first time. Three get a contract from a steward and learn it. Four, two hours away? That is going to get old real quick. Once your established start thinking about moving closer. Thats from experience. 25 years in and I`ve never lived closer than an hour away and thats one thing I regret.

Be safe and good luck.

dipneezy

Calm down for one. Two, don`t be a runner. Learn a safe pace that gets the job done correctly the first time. Three get a contract from a steward and learn it. Four, two hours away? That is going to get old real quick. Once your established start thinking about moving closer. Thats from experience. 25 years in and I`ve never lived closer than an hour away and thats one thing I regret.

Be safe and good luck.

i am calm not worrying about it. just wanting some input.. they tell me some drivers come from W Va. i guess im gonna try to get on a sleeper with someone but for now. i didnt know if anyone else had this issue or knew anyone and seeing what they did. hotels, rent apt, etc...

O

OldSnake63

congrats on your new job . first off there is no such thing as fill in drivers , thats an old overnite thing . there is an extra board and extra board drivers . get the contract there is some language pertaining to road drivers . ups has three simply rules SAFETY , SERVICE , FUEL EFFICIENCY . be safe out there and move closer .you will never get rest if you work 12 hrs a day and have to drive 4 hrs to and from . you need well rest to make good decisions on the road . good luck