New Guy Here!

U

upslocal480

<font color="0000ff"><font face="arial,helvetica"></font>Hey people! New guy here. I just came in from the AOL Board for UPS. It got way to pro management for me. Anyway...I guess my first post is the following...I still havn't got my ballot yet and have been to the union hall twice about it! Only 6 days left to get it in. </font>}

U

upsdood

proud.gif
HEY 480 WELCOME... ISNT THAT TYPICAL OF THE BALLOT SITUATION.. THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING IN AKRON,OHIO. MAKES YOU WONDER IF OUR VOTE EVEN MATTERS.SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT.

U

upslocal480

Yeah i've thought about it. I have come to the conclusion that the union has their own agenda and its not to make sure part timers get their fair share. They know lots of ballots are "mysteriously" not making it out to all the members. I moved about a year ago and since I had no idea how contract negotiations worked I didnt know that I should be in an hurry to inform the union of my new address. But its funny that i've still been getting things from them but ballot time...NOTHING! I went to the local 3 weeks ago and gave them my new address and still NOTHING! I went again last Thursday and asked about it and the lady said they'd have to fax my center a form for me to fill out to request a ballot. Stil...NOTHING! Makes me just want to get out and save the $23.00/month. I won't though. Now I really hope the contract is rejected just to cause them problems. I know many friend/ters and p/ters that are voting no just for that reason..Just to be asses because they've all been screwd in some way by our local.

T

thedrooler

Let's be asses and vote "no". Unbelievable. The lowest common denominator expands.

Drooler

U

upsmule

<font color="ff0000">Plenty of real reasons to vote no. Being an ass isn't one of them....but, whatever works for you, VOTE NO! But this deal will pass any way. I'd be shocked if it didn't. $23.00 a month huh??? They crank $57.00 a month from us here in the metropolitan d.c. area! NOT COOL! They bumped it up from 47 a month in case there might be a strike...if the contract passes, will we get the money back!!?? HELLLLLLLLLNNNNOOOOOOOO! And why wasn't there a strike fund all ready in place?? Oh yea...it's someone elses fault from the last guys that were in charge over there at teamsters huh....well damn, they've been gone for about 4 1/2 years now! Nothing like waiting till the last minute to get a strike fund in place huh? And how do they do that? RAISE OUR DUES OF COURSE! </font>

T

thedrooler

Poor mule. Sounds like your whole world is against you. Damn teamsters! Damn company! Poor,poor mule.

Drooler

S

smlsrtgrl

thedrooler and moeluck back up and let people express thier views without your calling everyone who doesn't fit into you little perfect UPS world a whiner.
We all my not have the same opinion and may all have had some very different UPS experiences.

M

moreluck

You want me to back off!!! All I was doing is expressing an opinion just like you. There's plenty of room here. My opinion is that I've been reading a lot of whining. You can have a different opinion and express it freely.....but don't tell me to back off.
When my kids would whine, I would tell them if they don't like something, then work to change it and make it better.

S

smlsrtgrl

moreluck
Yes you were expressing your opinion about someones opinion which in my book is mocking and rude.
You all just are so quick to call people whiners and it truely bothers me.
You know I have been around only five years and have already seen a wide variety of bad bad things at UPS, by management and hourlys.
I do like my job and think the pay is great, but some of the treatment we recieve by management is uncalled for and I would like to think it is isolated but it isn't.
So yes us pt/ft union/nonunion employees should be able to vent or share our experiences without being called names.
Just my view from the bottom of the barrel.
<font color="0000ff">
blush.gif
</font>

M

moreluck

"expressing an opinion about someone's opinion" is called a DISCUSSION!!!! If you see rudeness and mockery in THAT, then I give up!
For the record, I never called anybody a whiner. I said I was tired of reading whines.
Good luck with your crusade.

S

steamheat

Youse guys better show some respect for smlsrtgrl, because she can move loads "that weigh thousands of pounds." I sure wouldn't want to upset someone that can move loads "that weigh thousands of pounds." Fair warning, youse guys.

U

upsmule

<font color="ff0000">Ha...drooler, (don't you just love that I didn't use the letters "lol"?) because you truly do crack me up! 107 post's there huh? Sounds like you really nead a life...keep up the good post's. (just an opinion)
applaud.gif
</font>

T

thedrooler

And you really need spellcheck. But you're right. I do spend too much time here. We all do. Why don't we all enter a 12 step program to free ourselves from this horrible addiction. We'd probably all be better off.

Drooler

V

vgpa

A 12 step program? How about an affair? That should keep us away from the computer, right?
smooch.gif

T

thedrooler

A "virtual" affair. Sounds interesting. Would this be a group thing?

Drooler

S

smlsrtgrl

sad2.gif

steamheat I'm sorry that you seem to have a problem with me(women).

Take care buddy!

S

smlsrtgrl

moreluck
I don't think discussion should contain name calling.
And if you didn't say it(type it) I apoligize.

proud.gif

O

over9five

A "virtual" affair.......

Sounds good, but,

Management would say its a Union plot to discredit the good name of the company, and....

Teamsters would say its a company plot to achieve a "Yes" vote on the contract !

Just kidding......... !