New Guy / Spokane Airport

Box_Troll

Browsing through the forum archives, there sure seems to be a mix of pros and cons for working with UPS. Locally here in Spokane, the few people I have talked to familiar with the company say they are good to work for.

I have absolutely no experience with unions so not sure what to expect.

Just completed a second interview and guessing it could be a few weeks now before I hear back from HR.

One thing the supervisor mentioned that HR did not, is that it is mandatory to learn all zip codes for delivery areas. He did not have a list for me to get a jump on, so am going to call HR and ask if I can get a copy from them ahead of time.

Box_Troll

Things seem to be moving quickly..

HR called and asked me to fill out a bunch of documents online this morning.. Orientation to follow Tuesday next week.

Box_Troll

Well, today was orientation .. Not sure what to make of it. All we did was watch some videos. Filled out some paper work to get our passes. Did not get a tour .. Now waiting for that paper work to clear. Once the passes are issued, we will get another call to come back in.. Guess that is when we might get a tour..

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Well, today was orientation .. Not sure what to make of it. All we did was watch some videos. Filled out some paper work to get our passes. Did not get a tour .. Now waiting for that paper work to clear. Once the passes are issued, we will get another call to come back in.. Guess that is when we might get a tour..

You should turn this into a blog of your whole ups career

Box_Troll

You should turn this into a blog of your whole ups career

Ok... :wornout: Guess I am posting a little overkill about the process.. Just thought that someone else looking for info specific to Spokane airport preload jobs might find the info useful . I will chill it out and post again in a couple months just to let folks know what it is like to work here.. Of course if I can cut it and am still there ! :teethy:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ok... :wornout: Guess I am posting a little overkill about the process.. Just thought that someone else looking for info specific to Spokane airport preload jobs might find the info useful . I will chill it out and post again in a couple months just to let folks know what it is like to work here.. Of course if I can cut it and am still there ! :teethy:

You do you