New Hire Advice

Jb217996

Hey guys, so my last thread was about my insane hiring process. In short, it took about 5 and a half, almost 6 months to finally start working as a cargo handler. I had my three days of training, I got all my IDs, my employee number, everything was good to go. Then they tell me that there's no work next week, that they'll call me when to come in again. Has this honestly happened to anyone else? I am beyond frustrated with my experience with this company I finally get the break I was waiting so long for, just to discover that the job is extremely unstable. I would just like to know if this is common, or if I'm just one unlucky guy.

Jb217996

Around when does peak start? I wouldn't have minded that much if I knew that it was gonna be like this, so I would've stayed at my old job until it picked up but I quit so now I have to look for odd jobs until they decide to call me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Around when does peak start? I wouldn't have minded that much if I knew that it was gonna be like this, so I would've stayed at my old job until it picked up but I quit so now I have to look for odd jobs until they decide to call me.

The start of Peak varies a bit depending upon where you are but generally it starts Thanksgiving week.

Brown Matrix

He Starting To Belive
The air side has the least work of any division within UPS.
Hang in there as your seniority increases your time at work will. but remember this division is our most productive for the company and the least productive for an hourly. but the benefit package is worth the struggle. :yinyang: