New hire at airport

Krzysikc

Hello everyone. I've applied to a small air hub by me but I'm having trouble getting in contact with the preload manager there to answer some questions. I went in for my biometrics(fingerprints and background) this past Wednesday and was told that I would wait for a phone call to start work after everything has come back OK. But on the ups careers site it shows I can schedule orientation for tomorrow. That's for actually day 1 it doesn't say biometric which I already did. The position I applied for is actually loading planes, however I know that there are people on preload that also load a few package cars and small trailers. Does anyone have experience with a air building like this? Does everyone at these hubs have to have biometrics done or only the ones actually loading the planes? Would the orientation date showing be for loading package cars vs the planes or is it a glitch? If I wanted to start work (I don't care if I load planes or cars) should I show up tomorrow or would that mess everything up since I already went in for biometrics and have to wait for my fingerprints to go through?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello everyone. I've applied to a small air hub by me but I'm having trouble getting in contact with the preload manager there to answer some questions. I went in for my biometrics(fingerprints and background) this past Wednesday and was told that I would wait for a phone call to start work after everything has come back OK. But on the ups careers site it shows I can schedule orientation for tomorrow. That's for actually day 1 it doesn't say biometric which I already did. The position I applied for is actually loading planes, however I know that there are people on preload that also load a few package cars and small trailers. Does anyone have experience with a air building like this? Does everyone at these hubs have to have biometrics done or only the ones actually loading the planes? Would the orientation date showing be for loading package cars vs the planes or is it a glitch? If I wanted to start work (I don't care if I load planes or cars) should I show up tomorrow or would that mess everything up since I already went in for biometrics and have to wait for my fingerprints to go through?
Yes

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Could you tell me is that yes I should show up tomorrow? Or yes that would mess up my application and I should wait for a call?
They will contact you after your fingerprint and background check. Showing up for work when they haven’t told you to start would just be a waste of gas.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Thanks for the reply. I'll go ahead with that just confused why it showed I could schedule
If it showed that you could schedule it...then schedule it and show up if that’s what the application says to do. It’s a fairly simple process...stop thinking and do whatever the emails tell you to do.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
I was an air shuttle driver for a while, and anyone who goes through the gate, which the building was behind, had to go through all of the TSA/FBI background checks, regardless of whether you ever go near a plane or not. I didn't officially work at the airport, I just shuttled air between the airport and my building, and I had to have all the same background checks and badges. If your background check isn't complete, I guarantee you're not getting beyond any TSA check, so you might as well settle in and wait. It's not a fast process. Takes a while the first time, badge renewals are quicker.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Then how did a package get there from Sioux City, IA in 1 hour, despite being over 300 miles away
It didn't. Iowa is not a destination watertown serves. It has like 6 trailer doors. If it was air it would go Milwaukee. Rockford. Iowa. Or Milwaukee. Louisville. Iowa.