New Hire

After applying nearly a dozen times over the past two years, I finally landed a position as a loader/unloader.

I've read a bunch of different threads over the past three days and noticed a lot of people complaining and saying how bad this job sucks or the company sucks (and a few others working here for 20-30 years and retiring). I'm actually really excited at the opportunity, I know its physically demanding, but with a chance to make this opportunity a career, I'm pretty stoked.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The job, much like any other, is what you make of it.

Show up on time, dressed and ready to work.

Listen to your supervisors.

Work to the best of your ability.

Sign any and all bid sheets and/ or double shifting offers.

Join the union.

Fund your 401k.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
After applying nearly a dozen times over the past two years, I finally landed a position as a loader/unloader.

I've read a bunch of different threads over the past three days and noticed a lot of people complaining and saying how bad this job sucks or the company sucks (and a few others working here for 20-30 years and retiring). I'm actually really excited at the opportunity, I know its physically demanding, but with a chance to make this opportunity a career, I'm pretty stoked.
Good luck and welcome to Brown Cafe.
You'll find out almost as much on here that steward will hide from you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

So, nobody else would hire you or what?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Find out who the steward is and introduce yourself. Ask for a contract book and read it at home. It is THE place to learn about the pay rates, job bidding, health bennies, vacay, funeral leave, sick days, pension, 6/1 pt/ft promotion rotation, and lots of other valuable info.

What you'll read on here, may or may not apply in your particular location.