New Manager

mittam

tieguy said:
Ms. More got any good "cooked books" recipes?

Actually Rod it is a sad fact of life that all management come in smokin and all management get fired after cookin the books. Its also a sad fact that all teamster locals and pension plans are managed by the mafia. Its clearly an evil, immoral world we live in. :tongue_sm
Tieguy you got this one dead up on the nail right that's a major reason we need to break from the teamsters now now is the time to get out and run time to vote in the APWA

mittam

toonertoo said:
Bigsongolfer, all you say is accurate, but............
My center has NO clue what a loop concept was.........
A>B>C doesnt apply, instead of moving work back to a route they move it to another route and cut the a or the b. It is so badly aborted PAS may be welcome here. At least someone will have a clue as to what they are "trying" to do. I would bet my pay that they would not have a clue how to put any route back as they were. Old time studies, YES, but is that our fault? At least they made sense. Air help gets given to the closest drivers, or the biggest whiners. And they dont give air help anyway. I know how it was done, I was there when we did it the right way. Im on the driver side now and they dont do it even close to correctly. I guess they figure PAS will come soon and save the day. Til then they just make excuses given to them from the Atlanta robot, and tell us to go, and keep in touch, then try to fix it at 4pm. Makes no sense, and its too bad, we could be so much more efficient if given the chance to input what they have forgotten.............or in many cases never knew.
PAS has no loop concept to it you can have part or all of a section pulled only to get a different split back from the same truck your split went to, logic would say give back original split PAS has no logic just more screwed up #'s

helenofcalifornia

In our center, the center manager gets the call at 7 a.m. from the district managers office if a truck if to be cut. With PAS they know exactley what goes into what truck and what can be cut. Again, all the trucks are carrying at least 15-20 more stops. "Paycheck Assist System" is the honest to God truth. Never had checks this big in the summer.

bisongolfer

mittam said:
PAS has no loop concept to it you can have part or all of a section pulled only to get a different split back from the same truck your split went to, logic would say give back original split PAS has no logic just more screwed up #'s

That is not the fault of PAS, but the fault of the dispatch supervisor using the system incorrectly. The idea that the dispatch sup would cut out a section to route 48A, only to get another section from 48a to your route, is ridiculous. The only time this would make sense is if one truck had too many business stops and the add/cut was a trade involving bus stops for resos.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
In the 33 years, I had lots of managers come and go. You have to understand something. Managers are a lot like underwear, you take them off each day and a new one is waiting for you.

Understand something that helped me. I dont work for any one manager, or even two or three. I work for UPS, and this squirrel just happens to be passing through. Give it time, it will get better.

The only thing worse than a hell fire new manager is one that is within a year of hanging it up. Its then that they get bitter and some really become monsters. There is no talking to them, no settling grievances, make life hell for everybody around them. I think that for many, they begin to realize just what they have given up to get to where they are, and now that they are about to hang it up, they realize the price they paid was very very steep. Not all mind you, but enough to see a real pattern.

d

disneyworld

helenofcalifornia said:
In our center, the center manager gets the call at 7 a.m. from the district managers office if a truck if to be cut. With PAS they know exactley what goes into what truck and what can be cut. Again, all the trucks are carrying at least 15-20 more stops. "Paycheck Assist System" is the honest to God truth. Never had checks this big in the summer.
They keep telling me I was paid over and every week I look at that check.I still don't see it. Actually I haven't heard those words in quite some time and that's because they don't give a crap anymore.Just as long as you have 11 hrs work on your vehicle.

oakland

P.A.S. is played here like a video game here. We have a 25 car day with with 2 split cars and one D car that might as well be a split car. I will check the add/cut times on the system when I get in and find splits being changed in EDD after cars are leaving. WTF. Hello its been over 3 years!

UPSmeoff

I really dont mind the extra work as long as it is residential stops. The idea that i can possibly deliver 120 business stops before 5 and complete my pick ups is insane. If they are going to force you to take extra work then it should at least be something that you can make service on.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
They do count as stops on the "bible of dispatch" which is where you get your SPORH. Add them together minus lunch, left building to return building/by hrs.