New Service Level?

over9five

Staff member
Is this a new service level? Above the barcode to the right of "UPS Ground" it says "BS".

Do I want to ship via UPS BS???

What is the time in transit for this BS?

How do you advertise a BS service?

Do we give BS to our customers? Or do we make them pay for our BS?

Johney

We don't offer Basic service to a foreign country, which is where this package was sent. You can tell by the paperless invoice. It was refused and being sent back to the shipper.
Well maybe that's why it's being returned because we don't offer BS to foreign countries. It does look like the original tracking label.

bbsam

Staff member
Perhaps a nod to the package car color? New ad campaign? "Your BS deserves BS service. Brown. It's not just the color of our trucks."

upsgrunt

I think when you work for UPS you can make that joke, but when you don't it isn't funny.
You could probably point out all your wife's flaws and make it humorous, but if I do it you most likely would be offended.

Just my 2 cents.

rocket man

Is this a new service level? Above the barcode to the right of "UPS Ground" it says "BS".

Do I want to ship via UPS BS???

What is the time in transit for this BS?

How do you advertise a BS service?

Do we give BS to our customers? Or do we make them pay for our BS?
not to worry ITS A secret code. upstate nyer will tell you what it is.

iowa boy

We don't offer Basic service to a foreign country, which is where this package was sent. You can tell by the paperless invoice. It was refused and being sent back to the shipper.

Upstate is correct with this one. it is an RTS package being returned via our basic service to the shipper.

bbsam

Staff member
I think when you work for UPS you can make that joke, but when you don't it isn't funny.
You could probably point out all your wife's flaws and make it humorous, but if I do it you most likely would be offended.

Just my 2 cents.
I'm sorry to offend (kinda). I think there are many here who are able to take it in the spirit intended or completely ignore it. More troubling would be your comparison of a worker/corporation relationship to that of a husband/wife relationship. That is truly sad if you really see the two in the same light.

upsgrunt

It is my theory that UPS will buy out FedEx ground within the next 10 years. I think Fred is getting to the age where he doesn't want to deal with it any more and will let it go. He will keep express, however. UPS doesn't have a real big problem with letting Fred expand and build hubs on his dime as they will aquire it in the future.
No insider information, just my opinion.

Will it be funny when the jokes come about at your expense?
Will it be funny when you are out of a job?
No- that's not Christlike

rocket man

It is my theory that UPS will buy out FedEx ground within the next 10 years. I think Fred is getting to the age where he doesn't want to deal with it any more and will let it go. He will keep express, however. UPS doesn't have a real big problem with letting Fred expand and build hubs on his dime as they will aquire it in the future.
No insider information, just my opinion.

Will it be funny when the jokes come about at your expense?
Will it be funny when you are out of a job?
No- that's not Christlike
fred was suppose to retire at 72, he dosent have much to do with operations .