New USPS Service Lets You Digitally Preview That Day’s Mail Delivery

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
New USPS Service Lets You Digitally Preview That Day’s Mail Delivery - NBC

Ever wonder what's going to come in that mail today? Will you get your sister's wedding invitation? Is this the day your IRS refund check finally arrives?

Informed Delivery, a free service from the U.S. Postal Service, lets you see what will be in your mailbox that day. Sign up and you'll receive an email each morning with actual size black and white images of the front side of the letters and cards to be delivered.

Star B

White Lightening
Apparently the PO hasn't lost enough money yet?
So what should they do? Just close down and tell everyone to use FedEx? "You know what, we'll let the FREEE MARRHHRKET" decide. The USPS is still an impressive operation considering the vast amount of land it is forced to cover. One of the reasons why it is in the red is because of Congresscritters paid off by private interests to try to weaken it and sway the un/underinformed public to privatize it so they can profit on the backs of you and me.

Nah. They are trying to stay relevant and offer something new to try to dig themselves out of that hole. How many projects has UPS tried and failed at?

It's not like the post office is opening up "The USPS Rib Shack" or something. They capture an image every piece of mail and have been since the late 90s. Prior to that, they were just imaging the entire mailpiece when the OCR couldn't decipher the address during intake. Now they have the framework with my USPS to show the customer that information, instead of just siphoning it off to the NSA, FBI, and CIA.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I finally decided to check this out and have to admit that it is pretty cool. I received a digital image of the two pieces of mail that I received yesterday. There is also the option of checking a box to let them know that you did not receive any or all of the pieces of mail that were supposed to be delivered that day.

There is currently no option to block junk mail.

Indecisi0n

New USPS Service Lets You Digitally Preview That Day’s Mail Delivery - NBC

Ever wonder what's going to come in that mail today? Will you get your sister's wedding invitation? Is this the day your IRS refund check finally arrives?

Informed Delivery, a free service from the U.S. Postal Service, lets you see what will be in your mailbox that day. Sign up and you'll receive an email each morning with actual size black and white images of the front side of the letters and cards to be delivered.
Over the last 10 years they haven't been able to get thier tracking system to work but now this? Right.....