New Years

Express Courier

Haven't ever used that. Are you billed like a doctors visit?
I just looked it up in my records. I used it one time and I was not billed. It was a 3 minute call.

JC95UJ3.jpg

Last edited:

Preventable

You get the sick pay, but are disqualified for holiday pay. What would they do subtract it from your sick hours balance? Otherwise you would just get it at the end of the year.

Whats in the Box

Can't see getting a letter but you will lose credibility with your coworkers and managers. You never know when you will need a favor and they will remember your sick days. We have people that always call in sick around holidays and are usually out of sick days by Thanksgiving. Nobody is willing to swap vacation days or help them get off early because they always cause hardships on their coworkers.
Worked with a senior courier who for about 5 years got "injured" just before Peak. Actually retired while out on injury.

Sounds like same person at my station. That pre-peak “injured” old fart senior courier in my station finally retired as his manager posted the route for bidding after newer policy of 45 days on injury. He came in walking just fine in plain clothes on Friday 21st bragging his retirement. I told him good luck being a Walmart greeter.

Oldfart

Good to know Memphis answers to you.
Around here a sick call adjacent a holiday without a doctors note disqualifies you for sick pay.
Express?

If it is someone is cooking the books or telling you wrong. Either way, you do get sick day, just not holiday pay. Get Dano to look it up in policy.