Newb question about union

Newb12345

Hello all, anyone can help me with contacting the union? Like an email address or website? Im currently a driver helper and have had zero hours on truck, been told I quit when havent, and fell off a ladder doing work for preload i was not trained for.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Hello all, anyone can help me with contacting the union? Like an email address or website? Im currently a driver helper and have had zero hours on truck, been told I quit when havent, and fell off a ladder doing work for preload i was not trained for.

Why were you told you quit, if you didn't quit?

BTW, the union doesn't even know you exist.

rod

Retired 22 years
Sounds like more of a work comp claim than a Union thing if you got injured falling off the ladder. Are you that short you needed a ladder to reach the top shelf in a P1000?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Since right after Thanksgiving and I'm actually pretty tall so... Anyways anyone going to help me with that number?

To be perfectly honest, you have absolutely no standing with the union until you gain seniority. In most areas, 30 working days out of 90 consecutive days.

In other word, too bad. You lose.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Since right after Thanksgiving and I'm actually pretty tall so... Anyways anyone going to help me with that number?
union can't help you because you are not in it. second you need to contact a lawyer for workers comp or injury against ups.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Im currently a driver helper
Apparently not

have had zero hours on truck, been told I quit when havent
It pisses me off when I quit an employer and they refuse to schedule me for any hours.

fell off a ladder doing work for preload i was not trained for.
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Are you looking to litigate?

Tell that to my 20$ union fee on a 40$ check
You're a seasonal helper errr....you WERE a seasonal helper, that $20 just bought some union leader lunch but you are not in the union. You would've been out of a job in less than a month anyways so carry on.

Bug Green

Hey guys, so I have been working for UPS for 8 months and have not been given any kind of raise. I worked my tail off and have been sorting for our twilight shift for a few weeks now. I get a "sort dollar" increase every night that I am a sorter, but at what point do I recieve the 6-month pay increases? Maybe after I work a calendar year?

jaker

trolling
Hey guys, so I have been working for UPS for 8 months and have not been given any kind of raise. I worked my tail off and have been sorting for our twilight shift for a few weeks now. I get a "sort dollar" increase every night that I am a sorter, but at what point do I recieve the 6-month pay increases? Maybe after I work a calendar year?
You answered your own question with the last sentence