Newb question on preload

BananaCat

Lol my thread got hijacked! I'm not bitching about the work being too hard. I actually like the workout. It's about our manager driving out all our good workers and driving down our numbers in terms of misloads. I was thinking of talking to a higher up HR manager about it. I've had success in these matters in the past.

BananaCat

Update: Regional manager got fired last week and new manager introduced himself this week. Judging a book by its cover, we're screwed even worse lmao

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I hate to be "that guy" and complain about management. I'm just concerned for the welfare of our little operation. Just wanted to see if it's like this at every facility.

When I first started working pre-load during peak last year, I was amazed at the turnover. Yes I knew turnover would be high but didn't realize how bad. We hired over 20 new preloaders and only 2 stayed including myself. One guy asked our pt sup to cover him for a "quick bathroom break" and he never returned lmao. Another guy that worked there for 5 years on preload was given a hard time by the regional manager. She was showing him how to "optimum carry" and "work the belt" and other crap that he clearly knew how to do better than the boss. He ended up saying eff it and quit that day.

I started off with 3 trucks but quickly moved up to 4. Lately we've been really short staffed and I'm doing 5 trucks or 4 + a trailer but I can keep up okay even though its the big bulk routes. Looks like it's going to be this way for at least a few weeks but who knows if we have more people quit. Hopefully they don't start putting me on 6 trucks :(

Our regional manager caught me falling a little behind and having a few packages fall off the belt/rollers. So she told our pt sup to show me how to optimum carry and "train me" to be faster. I felt a little insulted since every single package coming down the belt was over 40lbs. I tried optimum carry and wound up crushed boxes... Then later on I get yelled at for optimum carrying too much because I couldn't see where I was going...

The regional manager is despised by everyone at our facility. I don't really have a problem with her personally but I see how she treats everyone like crap. Every time she visits she leaves a wake of bodies that quit. I feel bad for our sups because I know they get a lot of pressure from the her. The FT sup that does all the dispatching is ready to retire any day but nobody wants to take his spot. If they hire the wrong person off the street it will be a disaster.

Anyways, the manager is so focused on numbers like all the managers everywhere I presume. She chases us out when we're trying to wrap up our trucks at the end of the day and threatens to write us up if we take too long. She wants most of us to leave early and only have a couple preloaders wrapping up everybody's truck to get people off the clock... Yesterday I had all my trucks just about wrapped up with 0 misloads. I took a little longer because I got a lot more air packages than any of the other areas and had her breathing down my neck to get off the clock. So it turned out I had 2 misloads out of the last 5 huge irregular packages I loaded. Now I'm being threatened with write ups for misloads. /slit wrists

She wants to switch us to a bluetooth beeping system to cut down on misloads sometime this year. I can't imagine keeping up on the belt if I gotta scan every damn package. It's gonna slow us way down and I imagine it turning into a clusterfuk on the belt...

I hate throwing in the towel, but the way our facility is going I think I should be looking for a new job... am I just being a pusillanimous and it's this messed up everywhere?
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1460499058.921897.jpg

El Correcto

god is dead
Update: Regional manager got fired last week and new manager introduced himself this week. Judging a book by its cover, we're screwed even worse lmao
Don't worry about it. If a regional manager is micro managing part timers he isn't doing his job. He should be there sticking a foot up your boss's boss's ass because he got his ass filled with foot from his boss for something none of them truly care about or can control.

I hate to be "that guy" and complain about management. I'm just concerned for the welfare of our little operation. Just wanted to see if it's like this at every facility.

Alright, I worked in peak season last year, as a seasonal. I just got rehired in another small operation. Let me tell you, They hire 2 new guys a week, and still don't have enough people. I also know your pain with scanning. Let me put it this way, If they want you to scan every package, do so. I just learned this as i had recently posted about it on my own thread due to a warning letter about misloads. A little less than half of our employees were called into the office to receive warning letters about misloads.

4/6 people on my belt decided, well, to fix the problem, we will scan every package. (this occurred yesterday) Everyone was stacked out 200+ boxes, leaving no room to move past your section of trucks. Shut the entire building down. It fell apart. Lets put it this way, today, no one was harassed about scanning. Everyone will misload a few times, especially when belt speeds are amped up, and you are under employed. Don't worry about it. Just do everything they say. If there is packages stacked high and mighty, it's their problem and the drivers will load them. I wouldn't worry. Our building is looking more like peak season now. There are even aisle trips.

Just say you are working the best you can. I wouldn't worry about it. I was freaking out as well. Once management realized oh :censored2: they can't scan every package, they were more reasonable.