Newest member

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Have fun and grow some thick skin new folk! Welcome to UPS and get ready to live the cardboard dream. If you have other aspirations for your life, UPS will suck in the beginning. If you don't have many prospects, then you could not do any better than UPS. I've worked here for 12 years and make around 20 bucks an hour pt. I don't think you'll be making as much at your 12 years, but there isn't another job out there like it. Won't find the benefits anywhere else, even in a city, state, or federal job. Union dues kicks your :censored2: in the beginning, but you get used to it. It takes a certain amount of intestinal fortitude to stick it out, but I think it's worth it. Remember, seniority is KING so have some patience. And trust me your "give a damn" will break at some point. It took 10 years for my give a damn to break. That doesn't mean I take advantage of my job, it just means I work hard at my job and that's about it. I help out other belts sometimes, but hustling to please the management doesn't really get you far. It won't advance you anyways, but it's good to have managers that know you're worth keeping around. Good luck!

You probably will remember me as the Ontario Day Sort Manager from 2000 to 2003 and I was the Training Manager for all Hub/Preload operations in 2004. In 2005 - I went back to the Day Sort and 2006-2007 I was Compliance and Dangerous Goods Training Mgr for the district with emphasis on the air operation so my office was next to BB accross from the training room on the ramp. Back in 2006 when we were going through all the FAA security clearance (remember the finger printing!) I was the FAA contact and helped to coordinate the changes we were forced to implement.

R*chard *do worked for me before I retired - You must know him for sure!

You will enjoy the people here on BC! It is a great forum and it is run well.

Thanks for the welcome. I definitely remember both of you. I can't remember if I got fingerprinted after the FAA clearance or not. I had heard there was a big overhaul of the security clearance after I left the ramp at the end of '05. I'm a hub baby. The ramp was not the place for me.