Newish have unanswered questions.

Hi, I started on Oct 15th, 2020. my position is a cover driver. what exactly is that? Do I just fill in and drive when someone is out on vacation or sick etc? Like today I was asked to come in and do pre load, but I noticed two of the other (new hire) cover drivers came in to drive.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hi, I started on Oct 15th, 2020. my position is a cover driver. what exactly is that? Do I just fill in and drive when someone is out on vacation or sick etc? Like today I was asked to come in and do pre load, but I noticed two of the other (new hire) cover drivers came in to drive.

What have you been doing since oct 15th, 2020

upschuck

Basically, yes. You'll also drive when heavy.

They may have been hired before you, so higher on "seniority".

Well I worked pre load till the 26th. Had virtual intergrad and went to ATL to the last day. Since the 1st of November I’ve been running routes out of a budget truck and making pickups. Today was my first day coming in for pre load

So I found out that I was originally hired in October to be a permanent cover driver, but HR messed up the paperwork. I have been helping other drivers on different routes while running my so called “route” I havent had the 3 day ride along, and didn’t get to ride along with the route’s original driver.

trickpony1

So I found out that I was originally hired in October to be a permanent cover driver, but HR messed up the paperwork. I have been helping other drivers on different routes while running my so called “route” I havent had the 3 day ride along, and didn’t get to ride along with the route’s original driver.
This is why you always keep a notebook detailing what you did that day, start/finish time, routes covered and any other siggnificant events.

This can have big pay offs in the future.

Hope this helps.