No beard policy

Hello, I'm currently employed with UPS Freight as a Journeyman Mechanic.
When I was hired I was told that I had to shave my beard.
In the last year I have heard talk that it's up to each terminal to enforce the no beard policy, I have also heard that the policy only applies to drivers?
My terminal just hired a driver a few weeks ago and they allowed him to have a beard.
Any help?

sppollock

Call up HR and get a facial hair variance form, take it to your doctor and have them fill it out completely. You will have 2 weeks to have this done after they send it to you. This is how I did it and I also work at the freight division.

rod

Retired 22 years
Mr. McCormick you have forever been labeled a "trouble maker" by management. Never use your real name on a web forum.

Call up HR and get a facial hair variance form, take it to your doctor and have them fill it out completely. You will have 2 weeks to have this done after they send it to you. This is how I did it and I also work at the freight division.
So what did the doctor put down on the form?
That you can't shave because of dermatitis?
Just curious?

mrniceguynj

FEEDER DRIVER
DO YOU STILL WORK WITH YOUR BEARD?

Hello, I'm currently employed with UPS Freight as a Journeyman Mechanic.
When I was hired I was told that I had to shave my beard.
In the last year I have heard talk that it's up to each terminal to enforce the no beard policy, I have also heard that the policy only applies to drivers?
My terminal just hired a driver a few weeks ago and they allowed him to have a beard.
Any help?

I’m not even allowed to have red wings that aren’t dark brown. Good luck