No Drag on UPS Speed with this New Sponsorship

worldwide

ATLANTA, Feb. 9, 2006 - UPS (NYSE:UPS) today announced its sponsorship of the world's fastest motorsports attraction as the Official Express Delivery Company of the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA). UPS also is becoming the primary sponsor of Vandergriff Motorsports in the Top Fuel POWERade Drag Racing Series.

UPSs three-year NHRA partnership creates opportunities for new business relationships with the 80,000 NHRA members and more than 1,500 licensed professional and sportsmen competitors. It also raises UPSs profile on race weekends that attract more than 2 million spectators a year. Each of the races on the 23-event U.S. circuit will be televised on ESPN2 this year.

"Our association with the NHRA expands the UPS motorsports portfolio," said Patrick Guilbert, UPS vice president of corporate sponsorship and events. "The NHRA opens the door to UPS for new tracks, suppliers, teams, merchandisers and fan clubs that complement our NASCAR properties, and we look forward to putting our relationships within the motorsports supply chain in high gear."

UPS Trackside Services, which already provides shipping services directly to controlled-access areas at NASCAR racetracks, will be onsite for critical, last-minute small package and freight deliveries to and from all NHRA national events. NHRA race teams, officials and vendors can have anything from auto parts to uniforms to parachutes delivered quickly and reliably by UPS.

Atlanta-based Vandergriff Motorsports will put 10-year driver and 1994 NHRA Rookie of the Year Bob Vandergriff Jr. behind the wheel of the UPS Top Fuel dragster this season. Bob Vandergriff Sr., past president of the Professional Race Owners Association and a pioneer in developing the automotive aftermarket, also will be a visible part of selected UPS customer and hospitality events. A special UPS paint scheme has been developed for the dragster along with a UPS parachute to stop each run.

The season kicks off Feb. 9-12 at the CARQUEST Auto Parts NHRA Winter Nationals in Pomona, Calif., just a few miles from UPSs West Coast air hub in Ontario. UPS operates the ninth largest airline in the world.
432_preview.jpg

ups79

happy to see this, since dale, sr's death and nextel taking over winston cup my wife and I have been more involved in nhra and less involved in nascar.

over9five

Staff member
"...delivered quickly and reliably by UPS."

Think I'll call and tell them about a package I wanted at my house for the weekend that was MISSED today.