NO TO HYBRID DRIVERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F

Frankie's Friend

What’s a mosy UPS driver?
The opposite of the runner/gunner.

Example:
John stops his vehicle and runs to deliver a pkg to the (wrong address) door.

Then...

Bill stops his vehicle and after selecting the pkg from the cargo area of his P10 he mosys up to the correct house and delivers it to the person at the front door.

Dont even need spell check.

browned out

The language for all is bad. The contract is bad. The union is giving away the rights we had to fight hard for and the younger employees who want to move up driving are not seeing the big picture. More work, less pay and in the future if this passes.....MORE WORK AND LESS PAY, less job security and more oversite.

The Language proposed is bad. The 22.4 proposed language in its entirety is here: http://ibt.io/22.4b The #of protected jobs is based only off drivers who work M-friend. How many routes are cut on Monday? a lot. We have 60 drivers in our building and only 30 some routes are built on Monday. So 30 some would be the protected job #. Yet the 22.4 25% limit is based off all the full time drivers in the center. So that number of 22.4s would be 15. It is garbage. Vote this concessionary deal down.

cachmeifucan

The Language proposed is bad. The 22.4 proposed language in its entirety is here: http://ibt.io/22.4b The #of protected jobs is based only off drivers who work M-friend. How many routes are cut on Monday? a lot. We have 60 drivers in our building and only 30 some routes are built on Monday. So 30 some would be the protected job #. Yet the 22.4 25% limit is based off all the full time drivers in the center. So that number of 22.4s would be 15. It is garbage. Vote this concessionary deal down.
More manipulation of vague language

F

Frankie's Friend

Dragon during his pcm???
hAB6jyDq5cEsE.gif

20180411_235150.jpg

browned out

More manipulation of vague language

Exactly; How about they change the language in section 3 to the # of
22.4 combination drivers shall not exceed twenty-five (25%) of the
total number of RPCDs (WHO WORK M-friend) in the building. So, instead of 15 hybrids in our center; there would be only 8. http://ibt.io/22.4b

This language http://ibt.io/22.4b is purposely vague. Hoffa/Taylor already know how it will be bastardized. Hoffa/Taylor don't work for US; They work for UPS.

browned out

Check your ups rising contract update that you received in the mail. Notice how they use the ... They purposely leave out 22.4 b proposed language
...of Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday. This paragraph shall supersede any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject.

This is very strategic on their part. Two very important pieces of language are left out of the news letter. 1. The language that any part timer who wants to become a 22.4 will have to work Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday. And 2. This paragraph shall supersede any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject. What encompasses the same subject?

A web address to the complete proposed section 22.4 is on page 3 of the mailer. And the new language will be sent to every member before we vote; but why would they conveniently leave out 21 very important words from the contract update?

We know why. They know the vast majority of members may only read the contract update.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I don't know if we find out anything new after today's conference call, I will not participate because of my work schedule. Most are expecting the same old same old, simple questions and incomplete or pie in the sky answers, sticking to the party line.

These 22.4 positions are United Parcels dream, it is a concession plain and simple. Sure it will create more full time positions and feed their CONTROLLED Pension and Health and Welfare plans but at what cost. This new position will give them the ability to run a 7 day, 24 hour schedule, why does every in the package car division thinks that they will not be staggering start times much like the feeder operations. If you had a 22.4 starting at 1 pm and getting off the clock at 9 pm with the option of holding them over for over 1 1/2 hr gap to start a shift inside work, whats there not to like. Everybody is under the assumption that there start times will remain the same, no..this new position will give the company the ability to pick and choose schedules 7 days a week according to the flow of volume.

It clearly states in the newsletter that the RPCD's will only be guaranteed (5) consecutive days of (8) with (40) STRAIGHT time hours and of course (as long as work is available. This is an OVERTIME killer for everybody in the package and hub areas, it is going to eliminate the long term part time employees, the new hires will be confined to the manual labor of working the trucks load and unload, the preload skill positions will be eventually be done by the 22.4's. The new upgraded sorting systems will get rid of the more highly payed sort positions.

The current Regular Package Car Drivers (low seniority) might be working up to two years before they go on the Monday thru Friday schedule. Maybe this stuff can be worked out in the supplements and local agreements, but generally Master overrules with interpretations. I would not be surprised to see annual bids in the package centers, again much like the feeder operation. Most of us are creatures of habit and any changes in our daily lives will cause problems especially at UPS, if this contract language is not thought out expect a lot of them for the next 5 years.

Big Question: Is this concession, which has some pluses for the long term employee worth what you are giving up. The rumors are that the Part time Pension formula will not change, capped at 35 with a whopping 5 dollar improvement for your service years (eye candy, you still get nothing). The IBT/UPS plan according to again rumors from what could be a reliable source has it going up 400 dollars extra with 30 years of full time service, your vested part time years will more than likely remain, not reduction of that 6 percent penalty. Last contract we got a 400 dollar increase, but it eliminated by the added cost of paying for your retirement health and welfare benefits (300 per couple, 150 per individual), no real improvement. Is 400 dollars extra without knowing the future of increasing costs for health coverage worth it. Also research it out, what are the other plans paying for the same service years then make your decision.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Since I am my soap box I will add that the 22.4's will be on their own seniority lists and subject to lay off. Since they will be considered package car qualified who will be laid off first the lower 22.4 or the lower RPCD are we strictly going by overall seniority or would they be considered separate?

What about the air drivers, this is going to affect them to most. No more paying full RPCD wages for delivering ground anymore, with the ability to start these hybrids anytime of the day will it eliminate the am and pm air driving jobs?

Again of the plus side it will give the ability to deliver all those massive Irregulars daly left in the building, so if you have any issue with your ability to move over 70's please do not try to get into those positions and follow the methods. I would agree that this might help our service commitments, I am sick of seeing service failures of high revenue packages with an I don't care attitude from most everybody, old school I guess. If these 22.4's are looking to make UPS a career and stay long enough to pay into the Pension and Health and Welfare plans it would be a plus considering who we are hiring now and the turn over. If they can be trained in the skilled positions with their shift work (Haz Mat, Clerical and sort) it will help considerably with the quality of our work to correctly move packages.

M

MenInBrown

Since I am my soap box I will add that the 22.4's will be on their own seniority lists and subject to lay off. Since they will be considered package car qualified who will be laid off first the lower 22.4 or the lower RPCD are we strictly going by overall seniority or would they be considered separate?

What about the air drivers, this is going to affect them to most. No more paying full RPCD wages for delivering ground anymore, with the ability to start these hybrids anytime of the day will it eliminate the am and pm air driving jobs?

Again of the plus side it will give the ability to deliver all those massive Irregulars daly left in the building, so if you have any issue with your ability to move over 70's please do not try to get into those positions and follow the methods. I would agree that this might help our service commitments, I am sick of seeing service failures of high revenue packages with an I don't care attitude from most everybody, old school I guess. If these 22.4's are looking to make UPS a career and stay long enough to pay into the Pension and Health and Welfare plans it would be a plus considering who we are hiring now and the turn over. If they can be trained in the skilled positions with their shift work (Haz Mat, Clerical and sort) it will help considerably with the quality of our work to correctly move packages.

But will 2nd class drivers be laid off on Saturday and Sunday for RPCDs that are gonna be laid off on Monday and Tuesday and choose to work Saturday and Sunday to get their hours?

What'dyabringmetoday???

I'll be voting yes and the drivers can deal with whatever :censored2: comes their way. You guys are so out of touch it's unreal. Try juggling 3 jobs and the scheduling impossibilities that comes with that just to make ends meet because UPS expects you to get out of bed at 3 AM to load trucks for 3 hours at poverty wages. Bump me up a few god damned dollars and then we can talk.
So, is there some other job that would allow you to make ends meet working part-time? Just curious.