no vacation pay

sealbasher

ive been on vacation now for 4 days and ups dtsill haavent payed me my vacation pay,what recourse do i have for this other than the union?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They have one week to correct any shortages in pay. If it is not corrected in the following weeks pay the shortage is doubled. However, you do have to notify them of the shortage, which I assume you did. If you do not have your vacation pay by tomorrow I would request a green check to be delivered NDA Saturday. If that doesn't show up or is not an option than you will need to file a grievance for a shortage in pay.

Since you wrote this post this morning (3/20) I assume that you have already logged on to upsers.com and checked to see if you have received your vacation pay. If you haven't, you should as your paycheck is available for viewing online Thursday mornings. I would do this to see whether your vacation check has been cut and is waiting for you either at your center or will be deposited in to your account tomorrow morning. If it has, you are all set and have no further recourse as the shortage was made up in a timely manner. It if hasn't, you still need to notify them that it hasn't and they then have the chance to cut you a green check for delivery by Saturday. I would be willing to bet that the check has been cut and is either waiting for you at work or will be deposited in to your account tomorrow morning.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is not a UPS holiday in the States so they have actually until Saturday to get it corrected. I still think that if he were to go online to upsers.com and go to Life and Career and then under Paycheck he would be able to see if he will have a check waiting for him at the bldg. If he doesn't, he can then make a phone call to get the ball rolling so that he can have it by Saturday. If he doesn't get it by Saturday then he should file a griveance and have his vacation pay doubled.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
New language in the contract says that all vacation pay has to be at the center the week before you go on vacation. ( I will have to look up the article) You can't have the check until your actual payday but you can verify that it is there. The new language was put in to avoid this type of problem and it gives mgt the week to fix it if it is not there.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm sorry, sealbasher, I didn't notice that you were the original poster. Did you check online to see if you will have your vacation check waiting for you at the bldg? If so, will it be there? If not, I urge you to take a second to check it out because if it is not there than you can call your center to ask them to get a green check for you by NDA Saturday at the latest or that you will file a grievance for double pay. Good luck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dilligaf, while it is true that the contract has been signed and ratified, I understand that not all of the articles are in effect at this time, most notably the pay, so this may or may not apply in this case.

sealbasher

ive checked upsers.com no vac pay they told me they wired it tuesday well now thurs no money,our union rep for our building is there today and union stewart knows,some vac fighting to get whats mine.Ive been at ups for 17 years and it gets worse every year.Most of the good suits we had went to dhl,so they had to promote the botom feeders ,who for the most part cant even spell.I would bet every one on here i wont get it today either, managment dont care.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dilligaf, while it is true that the contract has been signed and ratified, I understand that not all of the articles are in effect at this time, most notably the pay, so this may or may not apply in this case.
You may be right but I think that you will find that this is in effect. The only part of the contract that doesn't go into effect yet is the actual money raises ,all other language is in.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is in there but there is also a provision where they have one week to correct any error in pay so, while it was very inconvenient for you, they did abide by the contract by getting your check to you before the week was over.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Vacation checks are being sent out a week ahead of time here. Never heard of it until this morning. One of our drivers is on vacation week after next and the sup handed him the vacation check to verify the amt and then took it back until next Friday.

brownrodster

Whenever I've taken vacation in march it's taken multiple weeks after my vacation to get paid.

The reason here is that the managers turn in the vacation schedule to payroll or whoever too late.

Johney

Vacation checks are being sent out a week ahead of time here. Never heard of it until this morning. One of our drivers is on vacation week after next and the sup handed him the vacation check to verify the amt and then took it back until next Friday.
Samething here. Vacation checks I'm told are now two weeks in advance instead of one week.:greedy:

Cementups

Box Monkey
Samething here. Vacation checks I'm told are now two weeks in advance instead of one week.:greedy:

we got that today as well. I think it is stupid. I never liked getting it the week before either. I would rather have it right in sync with the rest of my pays so I don't have to go a week without getting paid.