Notice of Electronic Monitoring

bidumb

Any and all telephone conversations or transmission, electronic mail or transmissions, or internet access or usage by an employee by any electronic device or system, including but not limited to the use of a computer, telephone, wire, radio or electromagnetic, photoelectronic or photo-optical systems may be subject to monitoring at any and all times and by any lawful means. Employer monitoring may include employees' use of a computer, telephone, wire, radio or electromagnetic, photoelectric, or photo-optical systems.

I had to agree to this policy as part of the application and I was confused if this means UPS is monitoring my personal computer (PC) in addition to anything I am asked to input on the job? I am aware there are cameras in the cab but supposedly this can't be used as evidence on its own.

Box Ox

Any and all telephone conversations or transmission, electronic mail or transmissions, or internet access or usage by an employee by any electronic device or system, including but not limited to the use of a computer, telephone, wire, radio or electromagnetic, photoelectronic or photo-optical systems may be subject to monitoring at any and all times and by any lawful means. Employer monitoring may include employees' use of a computer, telephone, wire, radio or electromagnetic, photoelectric, or photo-optical systems.

I had to agree to this policy as part of the application and I was confused if this means UPS is monitoring my personal computer (PC) in addition to anything I am asked to input on the job? I am aware there are cameras in the cab but supposedly this can't be used as evidence on its own.

It's very common for employers to monitor their employees on any company-owned devices.

bidumb

It's very common for employers to monitor their employees on any company-owned devices.
Yes, that's what I figured, but the text doesn't explicitly mention company-owned electronic devices, it says any device...by any lawful means...

Evidence of what? What are you doing out there?!?!?!?
When you are working. Another threat mentioned if you're not wearing seatbelt and it's on camera the camera footage can't be used as evidence on its own.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yes, that's what I figured, but the text doesn't explicitly mention company-owned electronic devices, it says any device...by any lawful means...

When you are working. Another threat mentioned if you're not wearing seatbelt and it's on camera the camera footage can't be used as evidence on its own.
Easy fix. Wear your damn seatbelt.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

None of that matters after they install the chip usually in your forearm

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Protect yourself out there! They will try but be unable to see you!

1660211670288.png
1660211782459.png

DOK

Cameras are going away in year anyways.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
So he says, be interesting to see how he backs off these 2 demands.

They could change the name of the classification to 22.4 1/2’s.

“A horse is a horse of course”

They can call them Neo-PVD’s as far as I am concerned.

As long as it pays the same as everyone in our Union with the same seniority.

Typical game of divide and conquer.. segregation of classifications and regions by discrimination in providing inferior wages, benefits and pensions.

How about paying every classification the same and strictly go by seniority... that 4 year progression has to be reduced and those currently on progression should be eligible for COLA when applied.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
They could change the name of the classification to 22.4 1/2’s.

“A horse is a horse of course”

They can call them Neo-PVD’s as far as I am concerned.

As long as it pays the same as everyone in our Union with the same seniority.

Typical game of divide and conquer.. segregation of classifications and regions by discrimination in providing inferior wages, benefits and pensions.

How about paying every classification the same and strictly go by seniority... that 4 year progression has to be reduced and those currently on progression should be eligible for COLA when applied.
Mandate 4 hours inside for Sunrise