Now this is what I call exercising your 2nd Amendment rights

tourists24

YouTube- Woman on 911 Call Shoots Intruder

One things for sure,,,, that guy will never break into someone else's home

rod

Retired 22 years
Good for her. As much as she didn't want to shoot I don't blame her at all for defending her life and property. I wouldn't hesitate one bit to do the same if someone was breaking into my house. A shotgun for home defense is the way to go

tieguy

Banned
Very chilling. I would not hesitate to do the same thing. She did what she had to.

I agree. Its rare when the opportunity to listen in on something so dramatic presents itself. The womens concern for the well being of the guy breaking in is humbling. I don't think I would be worried about the guy in that situation.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I agree. Its rare when the opportunity to listen in on something so dramatic presents itself. The womens concern for the well being of the guy breaking in is humbling. I don't think I would be worried about the guy in that situation.
I know I wouldn't. Listening to her talk to the 911 dispatcher.............. the emotion in her voice................ it brought tears to my eyes. She was begging for help from that dispatcher and it did not get to her in time. Based on just my reaction to what I heard I can't even begin to imagine what the dispatcher was feeling.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Please everyone remember to always call 911 and have them record your actions and words to prevent some lowlife lawyer from suing you in case his client should live.

island1fox

Please everyone remember to always call 911 and have them record your actions and words to prevent some lowlife lawyer from suing you in case his client should live.

Baba gounj,
Good point. There have been some speculative reports that the person that was shot had a few minor previous offenses on his record. The report went on to say his sister was sleeping outside in a van in an intoxicated state. It fueled the agrument that the shooting victom was "innocently" mistaken --that he thought he had arrived at his own home and could not open the door --so he threw the chair through the window. A shady lawyer can make anything sound good.
I do not celebrate that this man was killed--and I truly feel sorry for the woman that had no choice but to shoot --also for the dispatcher.It just shows us once again --that we are safe nowhere --not even in our own homes and although I have great respect for the police --they cannot be everywhere. Be prepared to defend you and yours !

If it gets so far,make sure he doesn`t. Don`t mean to sound crass about it but it`s true. Lawyers and their clients will spin it everyway they can. When you call 911,especially in states without the castle doctrine law,make sure you are quite clear you feel you safety and others is in imminent danger. Also no TV heroics,no warning shots,no wing him in the leg. If it`s to the point you are going to draw your gun the the line has been established and if it`s crossed they die,plain and simple.

We had a local farmer who had his workshop broken into several times. The last time he caught two guys going out from the garage and stopped them at gunpoint and waited for the police to arrive. As he was standing there he was shot at by a companion of the group from a parked truck. He returned one shot striking the shooter in the throat,eventually killing her. The prosecutor actually tried to convict the farmer of manslaughter but he was acquitted based on the fact the three intruders had weapons in the truck and thereby he justifiably felt his life threatened.

rod

Retired 22 years
I know I wouldn't. Listening to her talk to the 911 dispatcher.............. the emotion in her voice................ it brought tears to my eyes. She was begging for help from that dispatcher and it did not get to her in time. Based on just my reaction to what I heard I can't even begin to imagine what the dispatcher was feeling.

Like they say-- if you need help in a second--a cop is only a minute away

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The woman was wrong to shoot him.

The man was obviously a victim. Instead, she should have honored his diversity and respected his need for validation and sympathy. He probably had a rough childhood. He was drunk, and not responsible for his actions. She should have offered him an organic granola bar and a hug instead of shooting him.

tourists24

The woman was wrong to shoot him.

The man was obviously a victim. Instead, she should have honored his diversity and respected his need for validation and sympathy. He probably had a rough childhood. He was drunk, and not responsible for his actions. She should have offered him an organic granola bar and a hug instead of shooting him.
You know the funny thing sober.... there are people who are just like that. No need for the gun. They should try to talk to the person and reason with them