O.J.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
but he was found guilty in the civil trial. Thus all his reported income was to be turned over to the Goldman's ( except for his NFL pension ), which lead him to work underground and now he sits in jail for his greedy ways.

bbsam

Staff member
That's not a fair statement and you know it. I have been on several juries and have always been able to put any personal beliefs aside, listen to the evidence and vote based upon that evidence.

Are you going to tell me that OJ's celebrity status had nothing to do with his acquittal?
OJ's acquital had to do with a bumbling prosecution and a very expensive legal team. The prosecution made the flaw in insisting that OJ try on the glove. Rule one for any lawyer at trial is never ask a question that you don't know the answer to. Even if they try to explain it away with shrinkage, the prosecution has basically given the defense a theatrical display that they themselves have asked for. "If it doesn't fit you must acquit" is the natural co-opting of the prosecution's ineptitude. Simple, lyrical, and conclusive in the mind of jurors.

bbsam

Staff member
Steve, I was trying to make a prudent and intelligent legal point of order and you come up with that? Really, my greates intellect brought low by the site jester! The horror!