Obama recieves endorsement from Hamas

tourists24

McCain's endorsements that he actually went out of his way and seeked from the Wacko evangelists Hagee and Parsley.

I'll take an endorsement from Hagee and Parsley any day over Hamas and Al Jazeera, but I notice you never addressed my post, you simply tried to spin it around to McCain. Im not on here trying to defend McCain at all (dont even like him), but you ARE on here standing up for Obama. I see Obama as a leader much similar to Jimmy Carter, and that is part of the reason these groups are all for seeing Obama in office.

diesel96

I'll take an endorsement from Hagee and Parsley any day over Hamas and Al Jazeera, but I notice you never addressed my post, you simply tried to spin it around to McCain. Im not on here trying to defend McCain at all (dont even like him), but you ARE on here standing up for Obama. I see Obama as a leader much similar to Jimmy Carter, and that is part of the reason these groups are all for seeing Obama in office.

Non issue,,, I think the people who endorse you are of issue. Maybe not so much if it's just one coincidental, but Obama is really starting to gather some odd supporters. Hamas was first; next came Al Jazeera; next came NARAL (pro abortion group). Again I ask even if Obama didnt seek it out, why do these groups support him? It's because of his political leanings (to the far left).

First off, theres no evidence that Obama is comparable to that of Jimmy Carter. Must be talking points from your news sources.

Secondly, either you intentionally miss the point or maybe just naive, again McCain sought the endorsements, Obama didn't. But you continue to argue and compare endorsement acceptance from wackos as one in the same. This GOP tactic of repetativly connecting terrorist to Obama is becoming more and more in-effective even to those of you leaning to the right.

Thirdly, Hamas, Al Jazeera are not the only ones endorsing Obama. Leave it up to Republicans to only address the "evil-doers" endorsing Obama. Please allow me to expand your horizons but more than half the US population endorse Obama but early indications show worldwide opinon endores Obama as well. So if you think people who endorse you is an issue, than try this on for size.

How come I've only heard of McCain (of the 3 left standing) working with the opposing party to get things done. That shows me he is the only canidate for change. If I vote for Obama would I be voting for someone like griff. (slithering around like a snake. all talk no results)

diesel96

How come I've only heard of McCain (of the 3 left standing) working with the opposing party to get things done. That shows me he is the only canidate for change. If I vote for Obama would I be voting for someone like griff. (slithering around like a snake. all talk no results)

Thats pretty much an unfair chracterzation of both Griff and Obama. If you listen, read, and research all three canidates most have their vision, plans, and expectations layed out step by step on their websites. Thats the beauty of the internet age, all this information is at your fingertips.

George W. Bush may do as much damage to John McCain's chances of being elected as Jeremiah Wright does to Barack Obama's. If John McCain wants to be known as the canidate for working with the opposing party, he needs to distance himself as far away to the Bush Administration as possible. The McCain of yesteryear from 1983 to 2004 maybe look at as you described but certainly not today. His flip flopping and his pandering to the extreme right IMO has lost his ability to work with the opposing parties.

McCain made a floor speech once that reads as if it might have been written yesterday—by Ron Paul:
"The fundamental question is: What is the United States’ interest in Lebanon? It is said we are there to keep the peace. I ask, what peace? It is said we are there to aid the government. I ask, what government? It is said we are there to stabilize the region. I ask, how can the U.S. presence stabilize the region?... The longer we stay in Lebanon, the harder it will be for us to leave. We will be trapped by the case we make for having our troops there in the first place.
What can we expect if we withdraw from Lebanon? The same as will happen if we stay. I acknowledge that the level of fighting will increase if we leave. I regretfully acknowledge that many innocent civilians will be hurt. But I firmly believe this will happen in any event.

Now insert “Iraq” where McCain said “Lebanon.” It’s as if McCain the Younger foresaw our present predicament and taunted his future incarnation, showing that wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age.

wkmac

I'll take an endorsement from Hagee and Parsley any day over Hamas

I see obsolutely no difference at the end of the day between Hagee, Parsley, Hamas or Osama bin Ladin. Under the right conditions, all 4 would kill me in the name of their God for not following the "ways of God" as they see them. How is it a person or belief system that would imprison or kill me for believing in a God (I speak of atheistic comunism)any different from another system that forces me to believe that God works, acts and manifests him/her/itself in a manner prescribed by a book written and concocted by other men?

Funny how Jesus walked, lived and led by example and now we have men in his name who want to run society by force which is something Jesus never used to bring another individual to truth!

tourists24

I see obsolutely no difference at the end of the day between Hagee, Parsley, Hamas or Osama bin Ladin.
I cant believe you would even say that. Name one person killed by Hagee or Parsley for not believing in God, or even threatened to kill in the name of God.

Under the right conditions, all 4 would kill me in the name of their God for not following the "ways of God" as they see them.
You're completely wrong. Bin Laden kills in the name of allah. Hagee has never even threatened to kill anyone. He simply preaches the word. If you dont want to be a part of it, he says you are not going to heaven. No direct threat to your life.

How is it a person or belief system that would imprison or kill me for believing in a God (I speak of atheistic comunism)any different from another system that forces me to believe that God works, acts and manifests him/her/itself in a manner prescribed by a book written and concocted by other men?
First of all, the bible is the word of God inspired through the men who did the writing. It was not "concocted". You're right though that, there isnt much difference in anyone who would kill or imprison for not believing the way you are told. You dont have that problem here though; and certainly not by Hagee. They do lobby to have laws set to coincide with their beliefs (the same as you or anyone else does), but ultimately theirs is only a voice. You are not being forced or threatened by this
Funny how Jesus walked, lived and led by example and now we have men in his name who want to run society by force which is something Jesus never used to bring another individual to truth!
Two things here. First of all, Jesus was sent to earth for one main reason: To smash the head of the serpent by dying for the sins of the world. He did a lot of wonderful things along the way and led a sin free life (no way we could do this). Second, how in the world has Hagee or Parsley tried to run society by force?

tieguy

Banned
Somebody sent me a few quotes from Obama's books.........don't kill the messenger:wink2:

This guy wants to be our President and control ourgovernment. Pay close attention to the last comment!! Below are a few lines from Obama's books " his words:

From Dreams of My Father: "I ceased to advertise mymother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."

From Dreams of My Father : "I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mothers race."

From Dreams of My Father: "There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself,maybe. And white."

From Dreams of My Father: ; "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

From Dreams of My Father: "I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son ofAfrica , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm,DuBois and Mandela."

From Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." WOW!

anyone else think its a little arrogant to write a book about yourself when you have not accomplished anything?

diesel96

anyone else think its a little arrogant to write a book about yourself when you have not accomplished anything?

Uhmm...Lets see,... He majored Political Science at Columbia Univ. Graduated and was first black president of the Harvard Law Review. Was a University lecturer, a lawyer and a cummunity organizer in South Side Chicago. Served in the Illinois Senate for 6 yrs and elected overwhelmingly to the US Senate in 2004.

And you say he has not accomplished anything.....Geez Tieguy, do you have high standards or what.:student:

As far as the book, I don't see it as arrogance but more like open narrative of early, bad choices, including drug use starting in high school and ending in college, as well as his tortured search for racial identity. It was not so long ago that such blunt admissions would have led to a candidate's undoing. Presidential aspirants tend to write more sanitized books for use as campaign tools such as McCain "Faith of my Fathers" and Clinton "It takes a village".
I believe this country has evolved enough and can accept someone who is open, honest and candid about themselves rather than someone who seems endlessly driven to hide their skeletons and demons of their past. What's more, it's better for a politician to disclose his own transgressions, rather than be put on the defensive by revelations. If you compare similar books, many in the political business tend to have selective memories. Voters can make a judgment as to whether dumb things that he did when he was a teenager are relevant to the work that he's done since that time. Obviously, your mind is already made up.

brett636

Uhmm...Lets see,... He majored Political Science at Columbia Univ. Graduated and was first black president of the Harvard Law Review. Was a University lecturer, a lawyer and a cummunity organizer in South Side Chicago. Served in the Illinois Senate for 6 yrs and elected overwhelmingly to the US Senate in 2004.

And you say he has not accomplished anything.....Geez Tieguy, do you have high standards or what.:student:

Name me a bill he authored which recieved bi-partisan support and was set into law.

As far as the book, I don't see it as arrogance but more like open narrative of early, bad choices, including drug use starting in high school and ending in college, as well as his tortured search for racial identity. It was not so long ago that such blunt admissions would have led to a candidate's undoing. Presidential aspirants tend to write more sanitized books for use as campaign tools such as McCain "Faith of my Fathers" and Clinton "It takes a village".
I believe this country has evolved enough and can accept someone who is open, honest and candid about themselves rather than someone who seems endlessly driven to hide their skeletons and demons of their past. What's more, it's better for a politician to disclose his own transgressions, rather than be put on the defensive by revelations. If you compare similar books, many in the political business tend to have selective memories. Voters can make a judgment as to whether dumb things that he did when he was a teenager are relevant to the work that he's done since that time. Obviously, your mind is already made up.

I've highlighted the words bad choices and would like to attach three names to it

Tony Rezco
William Ayers
Jeremiah Wright

tieguy

Banned

Thanks for proving my point diesel. :happy-very:

wkmac

I cant believe you would even say that. Name one person killed by Hagee or Parsley for not believing in God, or even threatened to kill in the name of God.

You're completely wrong. Bin Laden kills in the name of allah. Hagee has never even threatened to kill anyone. He simply preaches the word. If you dont want to be a part of it, he says you are not going to heaven. No direct threat to your life.

First of all, the bible is the word of God inspired through the men who did the writing. It was not "concocted". You're right though that, there isnt much difference in anyone who would kill or imprison for not believing the way you are told. You dont have that problem here though; and certainly not by Hagee. They do lobby to have laws set to coincide with their beliefs (the same as you or anyone else does), but ultimately theirs is only a voice. You are not being forced or threatened by this
Two things here. First of all, Jesus was sent to earth for one main reason: To smash the head of the serpent by dying for the sins of the world. He did a lot of wonderful things along the way and led a sin free life (no way we could do this). Second, how in the world has Hagee or Parsley tried to run society by force?

Tourist,

With all due respect to you and your beliefs and not trying to duck the above questions, take some time and do 2 things.

1) Read history and I'm talking about starting with Sumerian history of 5k years ago and then come forward through the various cultures and empires. Come all the way up til our own point in time. The bible is an important work and it's moral precepts I happen to believe are the best found anywhere as it pertains to me. Others may have a different take and I respect that.

2) The bible is not, contary to myth, the complete hsitorical record of mankind nor of the peoples of Israel and the surrounding areas. However that said, it's still worthy of study but our over 300 plus translations into the english language have in many cases been horrible to say the least. Take the time to look beyond the english and to the Hebrew and Greek and the etemology of the words themselves.

Just a little hint of what may lay hidden in those ancient words. The greek word "ecclesia, ekklesia" was translated "church" 114 times in the New Testament but it's greek meaning doesn't hold the same measure as what we understand our english usage to mean. Just one small example.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/177746/Ecclesia

Maybe knowing this from a different perspective would explain even more why Jesus and christians afterward were hunted like animals by the Judean and Roman political leadership and in almost all cases the charges were blaspemy & SEDITION! Jesus IMO was way more about than just recuiting souls for heaven! It's also worthy of note that Jesus never used violence or force to bring someone to his way of thinking and this goes without saying using civil law to enact his will.

I'll just leave it at that and you can take it for whatever it's worth!

That said, I still and completely stand behind everything that I've said and will continue to do so based as much on history as also understanding the unsaid portions of the words made public by these men.

tourists24

That said, I still and completely stand behind everything that I've said and will continue to do so based as much on history as also understanding the unsaid portions of the words made public by these men.

Im not expecting to get on here to change your mind. Someone like yourself has gone out looking for reasons to show how terrible the christian faith is, and so it's a moot point. My point is relative to the now, you live in America and are in no way threatened with your life by the likes of Hagee. Our life in this country is in no way the "church" translation reference. You have the freedom to choose your path and you have; guess what, Hagee isnt coming to kill you for it.
The bible is still the bible and the word is still the word of God. I guess you assume since I "blindly" follow this word the best I can, that I am ignorant to christian history and other histories from around the world. On the contrary, Im not ignorant to what else is out there. You go ahead and take Hamas and Al Jazeera, I'll stick with Hagee and Parsley, flaws and all. I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes from that "monster" Hagee

"either you live by the word of God or you dont live by the word of God, and there's no in between. And in our secular permissive society that's just a hateful idea"

wkmac

WOW! I can hide no more as you've drawn me out. I'm an atheist, marxist, communist, islamic radical lover.

I'll just leave it all at that!

:happy-very: