oddball facts about ups

W

wily_old_vet

Sorry more. I have no idea. I just know it was a big battle and took a few years to win.

T

trickpony1

Here's a mind teaser.
It's my understanding that only six states allow triple trailers and double forties.
A lot of people believe these longer combinations are really dangerous.
The other 44 states must be really smart.

G

gman

In Ohio, trips are allowed, but as I recall, only a few companies have the privledge. It depends on the safty record of the company.

T

toonertoo

I think it has something to do with we have to show we are making a profit, we cant undercut and gain business, but since the Post Office is government, they can steal our business away, and not make money and actually lose money, to gain volume, and guess who pays for that LOSS. Yup, we do.

T

trickpony1

....so there are only six states in the US where the company is making a profit?

Not sure I believe that.

If all trucking companies are pulling the same equipment (doubles or triples) then everything is equal and no one company has an edge.

I think it is because the individual states realize trips are dangerous and bad for the roads.

(Message edited by trickpony1 on May 30, 2005)

I

isdrone

Triple 28s are only allowed on the Ohio Turnpike. It runs along the northern part of Ohio (Cleveland - Toledo). I could not imagine pulling triples!

W

wornoutupser

oddball fact:
We were forbidden to have a second job in my area when I was first hired.
UPS did not want anyone to think that they did not pay us enough!

crystal_ball

isdrone said:
Triple 28s are only allowed on the Ohio Turnpike. It runs along the northern part of Ohio (Cleveland - Toledo). I could not imagine pulling triples!
Ive seen pics of Australia with triples. Not brown though.

crystal_ball

Why dont we negotiate a contract with NASA to paint the tail of the orbiter brown. Then I can have 1st dibs on work in that delivery loop.