Oh no, Fedex didn't do that

El Morado Diablo

I believe this lawsuit was the reason why couriers were given a handout last year explaining which types of stops constituted business and residential deliveries. We were told if you're going to make a mistake selecting "Business" or "Residential" for a stop it was better to select "Business" so the residential fee wasn't charged.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I believe this lawsuit was the reason why couriers were given a handout last year explaining which types of stops constituted business and residential deliveries. We were told if you're going to make a mistake selecting "Business" or "Residential" for a stop it was better to select "Business" so the residential fee wasn't charged.

They knew exactly what they were doing, and there's an email trail that proves it. As usual, the attempt is made to blame the courier for something that is basically institutionalized fraud. Fred could make more money by ripping-off customers, so he did it, hoping nobody would catch-on. The term used in the article (intentional decision) seems quite appropriate.

Just another example of how dishonest FedEx really is, but always remember, "We deny all wrongdoing, and will vigorously defend ourselves in court". I'll bet the document shredders have been working OT for a long time now, but it's kind of hard to shred an email.

RTURNSONLY

I believe this lawsuit was the reason why couriers were given a handout last year explaining which types of stops constituted business and residential deliveries.
Yes, your completely right. We received the memo too and mngmt made us sign off on receipt. Like many times lately, only a lawsuit get things corrected @ Fedex.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes, your completely right. We received the memo too and mngmt made us sign off on receipt. Like many times lately, only a lawsuit get things corrected @ Fedex.

This is pre-meditated fraud. We all know that it's possible to check the wrong box, but FedEx is running a scam here, plain and simple. Even when it was pointed-out to them, they continued to do it.

bbsam

Staff member
Lol. I guess Express has to do some pretty low down things just to be somewhat profitable. Wonder what UPS will stoop to.

Schlepper

*sigh*

XcihE.jpg
XcihE.jpg

worldwide

Lol. I guess Express has to do some pretty low down things just to be somewhat profitable. Wonder what UPS will stoop to.

UPS does the right thing. If a customer processes the package as a residential destination but it is, in fact, delivered to a commercial destination, the residential surcharge is automatically credited to the customer on the next weeks bill. FedEx does not do this despite knowing they are delivering to a commercial destination.

packageguy

They knew exactly what they were doing, and there's an email trail that proves it. As usual, the attempt is made to blame the courier for something that is basically institutionalized fraud. Fred could make more money by ripping-off customers, so he did it, hoping nobody would catch-on. The term used in the article (intentional decision) seems quite appropriate.

Just another example of how dishonest FedEx really is, but always remember, "We deny all wrongdoing, and will vigorously defend ourselves in court". I'll bet the document shredders have been working OT for a long time now, but it's kind of hard to shred an email.

I guess Fred did not know anything.....lol

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
The slipup by the media is relatively minor compared to the fact that this idiot can't understand orientation labels

That looks like Botox. I wouldn't be too concerned about it's orientation.

And, as far as resi. dels. why do we charge *extra* for them? Your typical *commercial* del. takes more time b'c they're on the phone with a cust., they want you to take it to a specific place, they want to examine and speculate about who it should go to and blah blah blah. Whereas with a resi., drop it and run.

RTURNSONLY

And, as far as resi. dels. why do we charge *extra* for them? Your typical *commercial* del. takes more time b'c they're on the phone with a cust., they want you to take it to a specific place, they want to examine and speculate about who it should go to and blah blah blah. Whereas with a resi., drop it and run.
They changed the policy to charge more for a resi delivery basically to mirror our main competitor. The same goes for the charges for distance travelled for a package. Fedex used to charge a single rate regardless how far the package travelled. I could be wrong but I believe the reasoning for charging extra for a resi is that with a business-type delivery, chances are stops are more dense, while resis usually are single package stops. At the end of the day, what it boils down to is, more $$$ for the company' s deep pockets.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Yup.
Let alone the additional charge for rural resi. and, I bet the fuel surcharge for any outlying zips is much higher for resis.

RTURNSONLY

Fedex just banned email company wide, no longer wants to be liable for employees.
What? Are you sure about this TUT? At my station, when couriers go out on STD, everyone communicates with the Distric Office by way of emails. Its better than calling since it creates a paper trail. :wink2:

TUT

Nah, just sayin, I bet they are thinking of something though. In big boy corporate land it's becoming more of an issue and companies seem to favor calls (can't be recorded and used as evidence without consent) vs emails which as you say leave a paper trail and can be used against yourself. I still don't get why emails, video can be used in court but audio cannot, it's like some alternate bizarro old world law.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
That looks like Botox. I wouldn't be too concerned about it's orientation.

More claims filed for allegedly lost/stolen packages and the greater likelihood of reattempts having to be made due to people not being home for ISR/DSR/ASR pkgs.