Oh Tulsi!

rickyb

Palin as governor of Alaska actually stopped a lot of corruption. It's what got her noticed and selected as McCain's running mate. And it brought up an army of reporters, literally hundreds of them, to her hometown in search of anything they could criticize her about.
i dont know, i saw this movie about her with woody harrelson or whatever, and she was a fruitcake. but maybe youre right. id have to look up more on her, and im not going to do that.

vantexan

i dont know, i saw this movie about her with woody harrelson or whatever, and she was a fruitcake. but maybe youre right. id have to look up more on her, and im not going to do that.
Gee rickyb, think maybe people with a political axe to grind made her look that way in the movie?

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Palin as governor of Alaska actually stopped a lot of corruption. It's what got her noticed and selected as McCain's running mate. And it brought up an army of reporters, literally hundreds of them, to her hometown in search of anything they could criticize her about.
Just opening her mouth was the end of her. Prolly cost McCain the election because back then Republicans could think for themselves.

vantexan

Just opening her mouth was the end of her. Prolly cost McCain the election because back then Republicans could think for themselves.
She could definitely prattle on but she did have a good record as a governor taking on the Republican establishment. That's why McCain chose her, him being a "maverick."

Box Ox

Nah. The Democrats could have nominated a goldfish as their candidate in 2008 and it would have beaten McCain as Bush's two terms were ending with lots of dead/maimed soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan and the start of the worst economic collapse since the Great Depression.

El Correcto

god is dead
Joe Rogan just had Tulsi and Jocko on at the same time! Will have to watch later.

Watching it now, Joe is wrong about America citizens would rise up against cartels.

The mob controlled multiple cities through out prohibition with little to no resistance from citizens or the local government.

El Correcto

god is dead
Pretty uninspiring stuff from Tulsi. Too polished. I like how Joe asked about the grey in her hair and she had to go off on a mini emotional appeal about how she keeps it there as a reminder of dead soldiers. Just didn’t seem genuine.

I enjoyed jocko’s perspective the most. Someone who has actually been over there and lost people. Someone who actually knows what was sacrificed to achieve what America’s military has in the Middle East. Someone with a perspective of insurgencies and the type of military endeavor that is being pursued. The actual cost of just “pulling out” and not being the “world’s police”.
Also someone who realizes the best way to bring the world out of poverty is by ensuring America has a strong economy and the private sector continues to grow.

Tulsi didn’t really have much push back and even conceited ground as most “non-interventionists” do when confronted with real world experience and facts from the boots on the ground. I don’t think it will really impact her views, but it should. She might not be an establishment democrat, but she is another big government populist with vague promises and stances.

El Correcto

god is dead
Also I find it funny these people cry about the debates always being about soundbites and gotcha buzzwords, then they proceed to spew nothing but soundbite lines and gotcha buzzwords when going on a long form interview and discussing their platform.

It’s all they really got.