Ohhhhrion

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
As I am no longer in an Orion center I'm just wondering if the Orion centers have been told to turn it off yet? Are you still running it?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
center manager gave a PCM about how great it is and we should be trying to use it so I stopped using it.

Asked my on road how my Orion numbers were he said "I don't know. We haven't printed that report in a week."

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I'm in an 800 and they shuttle work out to me as it doesn't all fit. Looked at my Orion and it had me doing stops that were in the shuttle while doing my airs. I notified my sup and he said who cares.

arice11

I don't know why such a nonsense software had to be named Orion. I like that constellation, I like the Metallica song, no one takes it seriously and the immortal hunters name becomes a meaningless burden on an already chaotic puzzle.
I can always find Orion in the winter sky during break. Just cause UPS is over 100, doesn't mean they could pretend to be all astrological and astronomic with their delivery software.
I may be over-exaggerating but I never hear that particular system enforced or recommended. So call it Hermes, or Archangel, or any other name for messenger or deliver from mythology...

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I don't know why such a nonsense software had to be named Orion. I like that constellation, I like the Metallica song, no one takes it seriously and the immortal hunters name becomes a meaningless burden on an already chaotic puzzle.
I can always find Orion in the winter sky during break. Just cause UPS is over 100, doesn't mean they could pretend to be all astrological and astronomic with their delivery software.
I may be over-exaggerating but I never hear that particular system enforced or recommended. So call it Hermes, or Archangel, or any other name for messenger or deliver from mythology...
Kobe-Reaction1.gif

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Wut?

arice11

nothing, just tired...want to stare at the night sky and find Orion, close my eyes and imagine an immortal hunter, his three star belt shinning even through city lights

they should have just called their delivery software Shrek instead...its all I'm saying

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Because UPS loves to use acronyms.

On Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation

BrownChoice

Except there is no navigation. And it certainly is NOT optimized... There must be something wrong when stupid drivers beat the miles..... Or wait, i mean fixing failures here at UPS like us, Drivers, always tend to do.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Except there is no navigation. And it certainly is NOT optimized... There must be something wrong when stupid drivers beat the miles..... Or wait, i mean fixing failures here at UPS like us, Drivers, always tend to do.
No, it is not optimized. It is almost a complete failure. But UPS will not get rid of it since they spent around $1B on it.

There were plans, maybe still are plans, for navigation. Package cars were/are supposed to have GPS monitors in them to direct you to the next stop.

Have not heard if they scrapped this idea yet. So right now it is ORI.

No Optimized and no Navigation.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
If they really wanted to help they should install mapquest on our diad for those pesky misloads that the last major tech upgrade (PAS) was supposed to eliminate.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
nothing, just tired...want to stare at the night sky and find Orion, close my eyes and imagine an immortal hunter, his three star belt shinning even through city lights

they should have just called their delivery software Shrek instead...its all I'm saying

"Lucifer" would be a better name for it.

9.5er

If orion is so great why in the hell don't we use it during peak? This is the time it should help us the most. With some routes going out with more than twice the normal amount of stops orion should be have our day mapped out for us. Instead I have to look through my diad and determine the best way to run the route.

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS will be certain to put out a press release telling investors that ORION will be disabled for peak so packages have a better chance of getting delivered. Won't they?

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
I really want to try what your smoking