OLCC Contest

Doc Sorting Dude

It seems SM's need to report daily the amount OLCC's given out. This is not which station that has the least amount that gets all the kudo's, its which station gave out the most. This explains why they are nit-picking everything from timecards to VIR's. Must be some kind of weird incentive plans for the higher ups to target the crew.

A CSA walking past the SM's office while a meeting was going on with the door open heard it as he/she walked past. Makes you wonder with all the problems with DRA don't they have enough to focus on than encourage managers to write up couriers? Has it something to do with the merit increase we were supposedly having in October?

I know.....what increase?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It seems SM's need to report daily the amount OLCC's given out. This is not which station that has the least amount that gets all the kudo's, its which station gave out the most. This explains why they are nit-picking everything from timecards to VIR's. Must be some kind of weird incentive plans for the higher ups to target the crew.

A CSA walking past the SM's office while a meeting was going on with the door open heard it as he/she walked past. Makes you wonder with all the problems with DRA don't they have enough to focus on than encourage managers to write up couriers? Has it something to do with the merit increase we were supposedly having in October?

I know.....what increase?

Even if there is a raise, you've already lost it with the new Healthcare Plan.

El Morado Diablo

New for my district.... One missing POD-OLCC. Two missing POD's-OLCC and check ride, three missing POD's-performance reminder.

A check ride? How in the heck is that supposed to help you eliminate missing POD's? The most common reason for missing POD's is at a stop with multiple packages. You scan an address barcode on a package and forget to scan the ursa barcode before scanning the rest of your packages. If you don't count the number of packages by hand and compare it to the number on the powerpad you'll miss a POD. You don't need a check ride to fix a problem like that.

The problem I've noticed with the powerpads is that it they will often beep when you scan the ursa barcode but not register the tracking number on the screen. You hear the beep as you scan and continue scanning the rest of the packages. It's not the stops with lots of packages that I miss PODs; it's the stops with 2 or 3 packages where I don't compare the number of packages to those on the screen. The only way you catch those phantom scans are if it's a single package stop (it won't go to the next screen until it actually captures the tracking number) or you compare the package count to the number on the screen.

I write "faulty powerpad" every time they give me a sheet with a missing POD. It doesn't happen very often but I'm not taking credit for missing scans when the equipment I'm given isn't 100% reliable. Especially when they can't prove if I've forgotten to scan a package or if the powerpad missed a scan.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
A check ride? How in the heck is that supposed to help you eliminate missing POD's?
It's all BS. Reminds me of a time I had a manager try to give me an OLCC for a missing thermal label on an international, until she realized she had ridden with me that day and watched me PULL EVERY ONE. Then all of the sudden, "the system must be wrong". Lol

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Gee whizz.
Who is gonna get OLCC'd for the 3 Wednesday pkgs. I put on my truck today that just showed up at the sta. today?

5yearsleft

I keep asking how many OLCC's or performance reminders I need before I get a "Decision Day". Come on...I could use a day off!

optikz

New to the board. Saw this thread and was like "I see I'm the only one" lol. Be at FedEx 5 1/2 years and have made my numbers on road every single months since I've been here. I got a 99.29 on road last month and got a olcc. Kinda irritated me, like a big slap in the face. Shows that working hard gets u nowhere working here.

whenIgetthere

My manager OLCC'd me a couple of months ago for hitting 99.35 for the month. I told her since the previous month I was 100.72, that averages over 100, and refused to acknowledge it. Apparently, we swings aren't held to 95 anymore. Of course, none of those cowards told us first.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
New to the board. Saw this thread and was like "I see I'm the only one" lol. Be at FedEx 5 1/2 years and have made my numbers on road every single months since I've been here. I got a 99.29 on road last month and got a olcc. Kinda irritated me, like a big slap in the face. Shows that working hard gets u nowhere working here.

You're learning!

At FredEx you're only as good as your last month's performance. Any previous good performance doesn't count. We work for a bunch of ungrateful bastards for sure.

overflowed

Welcome to BC

StuffItFred

Welcome, here at FredEx if they see you working hard then you can work harder and should do it for less. Sounds similiar to a swing at our station that got the ole fecal matter Fred S treatment. One particular swing came in on his floating holiday to run a route he had NO training on only to help cover. It was on the 29th of Aug. He ran the route for the day at 77%. Had ZERO service failures on a AA area. He came back to work on the 30th. Ran a route he knew and finished out the month at 99.89% and received an OLCC for not hitting 100%. Doesn't matter if you acknowledge it either it still goes on your file. He has been a swing for almost 2yrs. Been employed for about 8yrs and I thought he was going to walk out the other day.

In the end it is better to work smart and not hard and continue to pass out resumes for something better. This is a dead end and the only light at the end of the tunnel is a damn train.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I got news for you guys and gals.
I stopped sweating OLCCs or whatever B.S. punishment for not hitting numbers a long time ago.
They will never really hurt you as long as you put in an honest effort everyday.
Join me.

CJinx

Did they hang around and hear the entire call or just catch a 10 second snippet as they walked by? Seems like this is how rumors get started and passed off like fact; like high level management allegedly commuting to and from work by corporate jet.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Did they hang around and hear the entire call or just catch a 10 second snippet as they walked by? Seems like this is how rumors get started and passed off like fact; like high level management allegedly commuting to and from work by corporate jet.

They would have gotten OLCC'd for "hangin-around"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I got news for you guys and gals.
I stopped sweating OLCCs or whatever B.S. punishment for not hitting numbers a long time ago.
They will never really hurt you as long as you put in an honest effort everyday.
Join me.

Maybe not in your station, but when it rains OLCCs, each one puts you a step closer to the door. As others have pointed-out, if you run 102%, they're going to push for 105%, and if you run 77%, even if it was your best effort on a route you were running "blind", they don't care. Either way, you are screwed. I love the fact that the courier in StuffItFred's posts came in on their day off to help-out, and then got burned by management for not hitting 100%. Most employers recognize that kind of effort and dedication...not here.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Merriam-Webster definition of "witness"----one asked to be present at a transaction so as to be able to testify to its having taken place.

I got an OLCC recently and realized that FedEx has come up with their own definition of "witness". If you refuse to sign off on an OLCC, the witness no longer has to be present to witness your refusal. The manager can scroll down a list of names of managers in the computer and pick a random name as a witness. All they have to do is send them an email with details of your OLCC and they sign off on it. Gotta love FedEx!!!!