On Hot Days - Buisness Or Resi Route?

Brohn Bron

As a cover driver, we often do 5 different routes per week. Sometimes they are business heavy with lots of air conditioned businesses with multiple floors and bulk. Sometimes the routes are 230 + residential stops and no air conditioned relief in sight. Personally, I find it excruciating to get comfortable delivering in a well air conditioned business and then walk out the front entrance to a wall of aweful heat and humidity. I do better when I’m just balance out in the heat the whole time and my body just gets use to it. No ups and downs. What is your preferences?

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
As a cover driver, we often do 5 different routes per week. Sometimes they are business heavy with lots of air conditioned businesses with multiple floors and bulk. Sometimes the routes are 230 + residential stops and no air conditioned relief in sight. Personally, I find it excruciating to get comfortable delivering in a well air conditioned business and then walk out the front entrance to a wall of aweful heat and humidity. I do better when I’m just balance out in the heat the whole time and my body just gets use to it. No ups and downs. What your preferences?
A fan in the cab and an eight hour day.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
As a cover driver, we often do 5 different routes per week. Sometimes they are business heavy with lots of air conditioned businesses with multiple floors and bulk. Sometimes the routes are 230 + residential stops and no air conditioned relief in sight. Personally, I find it excruciating to get comfortable delivering in a well air conditioned business and then walk out the front entrance to a wall of aweful heat and humidity. I do better when I’m just balance out in the heat the whole time and my body just gets use to it. No ups and downs. What is your preferences?
You shoulda came to Philly Bron! I agree with you, I’d rather just be out in the heat and get used to it. Take my lunch in the AC, then get back to it. If I’m in and out of AC all day, I feel less comfortable.

Brohn Bron

You shoulda came to Philly Bron! I agree with you, I’d rather just be out in the heat and get used to it. Take my lunch in the AC, then get back to it. If I’m in and out of AC all day, I feel less comfortable.

Lol I too feel Philly would have been a great fit. Talented group there!

Less comfortable is a great way to say it. It’s all uncomfortable, but getting teased with wonderful cool air is just cruel!

Total package

We can rebuild him
I don't think in and out of ac does you a lot of good but sometimes a few minutes can help. I have a post office on my route where it's cold enough to hang meat and it does revive me somewhat

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Residential for sure, no doubt.
Leave the heavy stuff for grunts who can’t think fast.

MrBates

During intense hot days when its over 90 degrees I personally like the little breaks from the heat. Business routes are also good during those brutal cold winters.

KOG72

I’m full of it
My route is half commercial and half resi,but a country run where you can get up enough speed to feel a breeze can feel good as well not a lot of stop and go.

GenericUsername

The humidity is the real killer here. If it's not too humid, then it doesn't really matter to me. The days that it's really humid/hot and going in and out of buildings is the worst. By my 30th stop it looks like I've ran a marathon. You always get that inevitable "I didn't know it's raining outside hur dur." comment as well. Give me the resis all day long.